NOOB NEEDS ADVICE!!!

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
gbono2
Been thanked: 0

NOOB NEEDS ADVICE!!!

Post by gbono2 »

I live in rural Georgia where there is no internet available except satellite. I get good strong signals from both AT&T & Verizon. I have this stuff available to use, but just need to know what & how to tweak them. I have a MOFI4500 SIM 4, an ASUS RT-AC1750 router, & 2 yagi antennas on a 25' mast. The MOFI was previously run over a year on the AT&T $35 tablet plan until they discontinued my service. This MOFI will work either on AT&T or T-Mobile service, however TM is spotty.

Please advise me on how to tweak these currently owned devices or what I should get. I have read about using a tablet with the MOFI, but I don't understand how. If a tablet is required, then I'll get one. My goal is to setup stable home internet and not be hassled by the ISP. I will use between 100-150 Gb/month.

I really need some help! It's hard to put all the threads together and make something that is usable. Please point me in the right direction! I look forward to getting your suggestions.
MattB29

Re: NOOB NEEDS ADVICE!!!

Post by MattB29 »

You might check to see if Verizon Home Internet is available to you. I realize that is not making use of your present equipment but it is something to consider.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Not sure if the MOFI works with tablets on tether but the thewirelesshaven.com NEXQ6GO does, with the latest firmware release. Android and Apple. Plug and play. You can take the modem out of your MOFI and drop it right into the NEXQ6GO. You can use all of your antenna gear and everything. You only need to make a few basic settings changes really.
gbono2
Been thanked: 0

Post by gbono2 »

Didneywhorl wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:10 am Not sure if the MOFI works with tablets on tether but the thewirelesshaven.com NEXQ6GO does, with the latest firmware release. Android and Apple. Plug and play. You can take the modem out of your MOFI and drop it right into the NEXQ6GO. You can use all of your antenna gear and everything. You only need to make a few basic settings changes really.
I have tethered my android phone to the MOFI successfully. So what if tether an android tablet w/a SIM to the MOFI? Which would you recommend android or Apple tablet? I read something where an Apple Mini tablet would be the easiest to plug and play. If so, do you know which generation of these I should try to buy?

If I bought a NEXQ6GO, would get the -M? The if I bought their modem should I get a PCI-E or a M.2? I would want to get Multi-carrier because Verizon is also good here. I'm considering going this route because the MOFI I have is limited to AT&T or T-Mobile. I think it would be best to have access to all carriers.

Could I connect my outside antennas to the MOFI? AT&T works good in this location for data.
ylrkdr

Post by ylrkdr »

Does the yagis have sma connectors, or type N? If they are type N, you'll need adapters to fit the MOFI. The Wireless Haven has them in stock.

Return to “General and Unclassified”