WE826 and External Antennas (Best Setup)

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Da_troy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WE826 and External Antennas (Best Setup)

Post by Da_troy »

I have a WE826. I have one coax running to the top of my roof. What is the best possible setup?

Can I run a mimo on the roof and combine the two lines into the one coax line?

Should I use the coax line and split it up top with two different antennas? Bidirectional and directional?

Should I split the signal at the modem to plug in the lines to both 4g antenna hook-ups? Or just keep one line and one paddle on it?

I am only getting 20 on my download, I am having a hard time locking bands.

Thanks in advance!

Network :
LTE

CSQ :

Signal Strength :
90%

RSSI :
-57 dBm

ECIO :
-13.1 (RSRQ) dB

RSCP :
-88 (RSRP) dBm
Didneywhorl

Re: WE826 and External Antennas (Best Setup)

Post by Didneywhorl »

This explains more from your other post.

Your modem uses both antenna ports, whether there is one antenna plugged in or two. This is another reason your phone is smoking your modem.
You should always use two separate exact matched antennas each with their own cable. Also, are you using satellite/cable TV coax? If so, that is the next issue. The modems use 50 Ohm coax, but the TV stuff is 75 Ohm. Also the length matters as well as the cable quality. I would use LMR200 50 Ohm cables up to 20'. Over 20' I would use LMR400 cables.

This panel is my favorite antenna, I've used them and similar ones for years now: https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/wifi-a ... o-antenna/

You can buy the LMR200 in double cables here: https://thewirelesshaven.com/?catid=&s=lmr200+cab ... pe=product
email: sales@thewirelesshaven.com for custom length LMR400 cables.
Da_troy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Da_troy »

Thanks for your response! I was hoping to use my existing line. Shoot. I am not quite sure how to proceed now? I am having a bugger of a time locking in CA. I am with tmobile with a 7511. It accepts all my commands except for that last?

AT!BAND=10,"B2",0,2
AT!BAND=11,"B66",0,0,2
AT!BAND=12,"B66",0,0,2
AT!BAND=0F,"TMO 2, 66, 66",0,2, 4

AT!BAND=0F
The last one is where I get an error... I would like to try and test out band 2 and 66 once again before I go crazy and put more wholes in my house. Any ideas as to why I can't lock it out?

This is what the Create Custom Bands excel spread sheet dated 11/02/2019 gives me?

I tried to use the March form, but it looks completely difference and doesn't seem complete? Sorry for all the questions and thanks so much.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Try to exclude commas from the name, like this: "TMO 2 & 66" or "TMO 2 66"

Also, Band locking doesn't do anything for CA. If it has access to B66 at all, it will CA it with whatever it has available from your band lock list. AKA you don't want to list B66 in the lock twice, not how it works.

Return to “General and Unclassified”