Orbi LBR20 - Strange behavior (Speed)

Information related to Orbi routers
Forum rules
Use the search function prior to posting a topic on a subject that already exists
defpdp
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Orbi LBR20 - Strange behavior (Speed)

Post by defpdp »

Hi everyone,

I've searched everywhere and couldn't find a similar problem, I am hoping some of you may have an idea what's going on.

Background: I replaced my MoFI 4500 with the Orbi this past weekend to take advantage for the newer modem and see if the speeds were worth the purchase. I am using AT&T as the network provider in Ohio.

Firmware: 2.5.2.20

Here's what I've noticed, I get fast speeds (to me) only the first hour or so after the unit boots up and it will trickle down to 20-25 MBps consistently unless I reboot, at first I thought it was a band issue but I am not so sure as I've been monitoring the active band and so far no matter which band (Band 2/Band 14/ Band 30 located so far via PuTTY) have all performed the same way.

Prior to noticing all bands behaving the same way I was going to try and lock to the faster band by monitoring via AT+QNWINFO but at a loss since so far they also perform the same.

Typical speeds on all bands:
Intial speed test after reboot 100-130Mbps

After 30-60 minutes:
Stays consistently at 20-25Mbps

Thank you very much in advance for any input!
hazarjast

Re: Orbi LBR20 - Strange behavior (Speed)

Post by hazarjast »

What you describe is standard deprioritization. This will be worst during the most congested periods of the day. Try testing at 3AM vs. 8PM or at the very start of your next billing cycle vs. midway through a month. All other things being constant (band/tower/signal strength), this will confirm it.

Return to “Orbi”