EC25 loses signal, wont reconnect. Forces me to restart modem for reconnect. how to fix this??

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
TheBurnsbee

EC25 loses signal, wont reconnect. Forces me to restart modem for reconnect. how to fix this??

Post by TheBurnsbee »

Im using an EC-25, with WE826-T2. It is losing signal and then wont reconnect. So Ive been restarting the router sometimes 5 times a day and it reconnects fine. Im not familiar with the OpenWRT firmware for this modem, so im not sure what command it wants. I tried some commands i found on this forum but they didnt work. I believe its in scan mode, and have no idea how to band lock it either. Im not sure if At commands are the same as shell commands. Everytime i put an At command into shell commands it doesnt do anything. I dont see anywhere else to put in a Command?? I just want it to stop freezing up, so i dont have to get up every hour or so and restart it. Id like to possibly learn how to band lock it as well. I screen shot what im dealing with. It was a build as a backup but haven't had the time until now to figure it out. Thanks</t>
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
toddw

Re: EC25 loses signal, wont reconnect. Forces me to restart modem for reconnect. how to fix this??

Post by toddw »

If its going into nwscan mode constantly, it means you have a weak signal, possible resolutions include but not limited to:

1. Need external antenna, or realignment, or 2nd antenna
2. Need an upgraded power supply, The Wireless Haven sells a 2.5w power supply that has solved my issues

Lastly you mention that it may be a band issue, would need some band/tower stats to determine options. I would load the latest version of goldenorb on that unit first though.
TheBurnsbee

Re: EC25 loses signal, wont reconnect. Forces me to restart modem for reconnect. how to fix this??

Post by TheBurnsbee »

Thanks i will do the following and see what i come up with. I just would think if it is disconnecting due to loss of signal, that it would reconnect when it finds signal. But i will try all the options you mentioned, and get back to you on progress. I couldnt get any band/tower stats at the moment, this firmware doesnt give me information its strange. Just gives me a signal status.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”