We826 with em7455 on verizon.

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Eubanks.j
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

We826 with em7455 on verizon.

Post by Eubanks.j »

My current setup is a we826 with a em7455 on visible. I figured if I was getting good speed on a visible sim, I'd get even better speeds on verizon. Signed up for a new phone line through verizon, got the phone and sim in the mail today, and I started to do some research on setting it up(i should have done this before). From what I'm understanding, verizon doesn't like when the imei doesn't match the original device. What's my best course of action here? Does anyone know of any magic to get it to work? Would there be a way to tether the galaxy s21 and use it that way? Would I be better off just giving the phone to my son and keep on with the visible line? Help me save myself from this dumb mistake.
gscheb

Re: We826 with em7455 on verizon.

Post by gscheb »

Hello,

If you phone itself works really good at the house should be able to just tether your phone to a rooter/wifix router.

Log into the firmware firmware on the router go to "network" "firewall" "custom rules"
Removed everything that was in there and replaced it with.

#start TTL rules
iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o usb0 -j TTL --ttl-set 117
iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i usb0 -j TTL --ttl-set 117
ip6tables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o usb0 -j HL --hl-set 117
ip6tables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i usb0 -j HL --hl-set 117
#end TTL rules

Then clicked "restart firewall"

My Verizon phone was always TTL 117 but if that doesn't work some people need TTL of 65 I have heard.

Once that is done you want to restart the router after it boots up then plug charge wire into the phone. How I do mine is pull down from top will see something that says android system charging or something like that. Go into there and use USB tethering. Give a minute or so to start working and you should have a data connection thru your phone.

I have only done this with android phones.

Also BillA has a whole post on tethering a phone to a router : https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=10303#p10303
Eubanks.j
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Eubanks.j »

First off, thank you. Tethering via usb does work. My problem seems to be now it's still counting hotspot. Tried TTL 117, and it used 3 gigs of data, tried 65, used another 3 gigs. I couldn't expect any more help from you, since youve already done more than enough, but would you have any idea on that? Should I just keep trying different TTL settings?
punkguy00017

Post by punkguy00017 »

Ok now is it verizon or visible and r u tethering the phone?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Eubanks.j wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:07 pm First off, thank you. Tethering via usb does work. My problem seems to be now it's still counting hotspot. Tried TTL 117, and it used 3 gigs of data, tried 65, used another 3 gigs. I couldn't expect any more help from you, since youve already done more than enough, but would you have any idea on that? Should I just keep trying different TTL settings?
Hello,
117 worked for me on my Verizon phone. That was awhile ago though.
One odd thing I seen with visible is though sim in Router needed TTL 64. But when I tether that exact same sim it needs to be TTL 65 to work for some reason.
Maybe you could try and experiment with that. Adding one to the TTL. Like try 118 then if that do it might try 66.
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

TTL 64 was the magic number for my vzw setup if I remember correctly. As far as 64 working in the router and 65 working while tethering is because by tethering you are adding 1 hop to the destination traverse I would assume.

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”