Bricked WG3526-P?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
zieleniewski
Has thanked: 0

Bricked WG3526-P?

Post by zieleniewski »

I'll start by saying networking IS NOT my primary profession and a lot of this is new to me. I recently bought the full router kit from thewirelesshaven.com

https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/routers/build-k ... enclosure/

I successfully got it built and configured. I was up and running getting approximately 30mbs down. Then I decided I needed to add a router inside the house as well because the wifi signal was a little weak on the far end of the house. I picked up a cheap TP-Link C7 Archer to use as the access point inside the house. Despite all of my best attempts trying to configure both of the routers I was unable to get internet on the TP-Link inside the house. Now is where I really screwed myself and I should have known better... I unbridged all the interfaces on the WG3526 and completely locked myself out of the router. I've tried every ethernet port on it and none communicate at all, I've tried doing it in safe boot with the same result, I've attempted to do a factory reset but that doesn't seem to work either.

Is there a way to reset or reflash the firmware without being able to communicate over the ethernet ports? I brought this on myself but I sure would appreciate some help getting out of it :mrgreen:
Didneywhorl

Re: Bricked WG3526-P?

Post by Didneywhorl »

Set your PC eth port to a static address of 192.168.1.100 and then use the firmware recovery method: http://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2051

You'll be fine. :)
zieleniewski
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bricked WG3526-P?

Post by zieleniewski »

You were 100% correct.

Return to “General and Unclassified”