Connectivity Loss we826 & Fibocom 860-gl

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
lukelil

Connectivity Loss we826 & Fibocom 860-gl

Post by lukelil »

So I have this really weird issue happening with my build.
WE826-T2
Fibocom L860 Modem (Cat16)
GoldenOrb
Verizon (Band 13 and 66)

Basically, my router will be working fine sometimes for days recently for hours. Then a disconnect happens and the internet is nonexistent. I can still connect to my router using 192.168.1.1 and it will still show I am connected to a band. If I reboot it does not always connect to the internet immediately. It will show a connection to my tower and which band I'm on but I cannot use any data. The only way I found to solve this is doing a hard shutdown (Unplugging) then it will not recognize the modem. However, if I do a soft shutdown (system shutdown) after the hard shutdown it will then recognize the modem and this tends to work the best to get my data working again. This is not bulletproof though.

So I have no clue what to do to fix this issue. I just read that upgrading the power supply to something with 30W and a capacitor helps, which I did. So this may help but it still does not explain why it randomly stops working.

As mentioned earlier I am still using Verizon and have a truly unlimited plan through them because my school pays for it. So I don't think it's Verizon hard throttling me or anything like that. I even have to use a separate APN because it's classified differently.

Really what I need to know is if there is anything I can do to help stop the connectivity issues and why perhaps they are happening.

Any feedback helps! Thanks :)
gscheb

Re: Connectivity Loss WE826

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Are you getting the wifi from the WE826?
If so use this link to set the dns on it and see if that helps.
Can't hurt.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=19 ... =10#p10732
This post shows different dns, I personally like cloud flare.
lukelil

Post by lukelil »

Thanks will try! Sounds like a promising solution.
toddw

Post by toddw »

EDIT: I see you already upgraded the power supply, did it help? Or too soon to tell? For my units with this issue, it has helped. What kind of antenna are you using and what signal stats are you getting.
lukelil

Post by lukelil »

No noticed improvement with the power supply. I have two yagi antennas and they are getting -95DB and -8 signal quality. But i still get dropped service and the same issues.. Ideas?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Not sure how to fix the exact issue, but have you set it up to auto reboot?

I've also heard that ECM protocol deals with modem disconnects better. Does the Fibocom have ECM protocol mode? Always careful when changing protocols to ensure you don't lose your AT port.
lukelil

Post by lukelil »

Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:48 pm Not sure how to fix the exact issue, but have you set it up to auto reboot?

I've also heard that ECM protocol deals with modem disconnects better. Does the Fibocom have ECM protocol mode? Always careful when changing protocols to ensure you don't lose your AT port.
I did set up auto reboot. It is not reliable (maybe works 25% of the time). Enlighten me on ECM protocol mode?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The modem protocol, the method that it uses to communicate with the router.

Usually QMI or MBIM. There is also ECM mode. Though sometimes the routers have issues with ECM mode, the modems can work better in ECM mode, especially with connection issues requiring reconnects. Honestly this is all read knowledge, not experience. I've set modems in ECM mode via AT command terminals and lost the modems interface for AT commands via webUI and had to putty in and change it back. One of these days I'll play with it again.
WorkingOnIt
Has thanked: 0

Post by WorkingOnIt »

Hi,
Did you ever get any answers or more reliability with your connection?

I'm having very similar issues and am getting no where...
lukelil

Post by lukelil »

So I went to rooters website and downloaded their 2021 software for my router. This supports my modem much better. Although when my connection goes out the only way to get my connection back is through a hard reboot. (Power off and down). None of the connection reset scripts work for me either. Such as rebooting the modem or doing the AT+FUN=1,1 command. Does anyone know how to make a script that is the equivalent of a hard reboot??
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

AT+CFUN=1,1 (dont forget the C) is a hard reboot of the modem, but if the router is the issue, then that wont help.

Post the system log after you run the AT+CFUN=1,1 and still get no connectivity return.

Return to “General and Unclassified”