Mofi4500 Sim7 Dual Modem

Topics related to MoFi branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
cashman04
Has thanked: 0

Mofi4500 Sim7 Dual Modem

Post by cashman04 »

Hello, new to the forum, but did a few hours of reading today looking for an answer to this and didn't find it. Basically I'm looking for any guidance/links on setting up a second modem via the usb interface on the Mofi4500.

I have plugged it in and via `lsusb` I can see it get attached on Bus 001 Device 006. But from there I'm not sure where to go. I'm assuming I need to configure it to use the cdc_mbim driver, and then add another entry specific to this modem in /etc/config/modem, but I'm not entirely sure how to do the initial setup. It looks like the internal modem is a mc7455, and the one I want to use via USB is the same. Currently I had it working on windows and set to MBIM mode, so maybe part of my problem is it needs to be in QMI? I'm new to mips linux, so haven't been able to get a serial connection to the second modem to try and do a reset. No yum or apt-get installed.

Any links or help on where to get started would be appreciated. Also, I have seen the name goldenorb show up for a possible firmware, so if anyone has any suggestions/advice to move to that from the default Mofi please let me know.

Thanks!
BDF1234

Re: Mofi4500 Sim7 Dual Modem

Post by BDF1234 »

If you find the answer to this, please share it. I have this same question. It would also be nice if I could choose which modem I want to use at any given time.

Return to “MoFi Routers”