LTE Fix 4X4 and EM160

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
docderwood

The Wireless Haven 4X4 and EM160

Post by docderwood »

So, I have the EM160 crd which is supposed to be 4X4 capable and the 8db 4X4 The Wireless Haven flat panel.

Got the modem installed and working, went to hook up the antenna, and kind of realized it *may matter* which antennas (4 outputs for the flat panel) go to which connectors on the modem.

Any advice to figure this out now that the router is sealed up?

thx!
Didneywhorl

Re: The Wireless Haven 4X4 and EM160

Post by Didneywhorl »

There is an antenna command that should look at each port:

AT+QRSRP?

It is generally important.

The 4x4 antenna has 2 pairs of antennas within, each pair coming out of opposite sides.

You would want to pair one of those sides to the primary set on the modem (M & D/G) and the other side to the modems secondary modem pair. (M1 & M2)
ericleslie
Has thanked: 0

Post by ericleslie »

Can I piggyback off this question.

I just added two more directional antennas and I have them installed on the correct header pairs.

Checking AT+QRSRP? it bounces around between both of these outputs at random. Can I assume the modem or tower is turning the secondary pair on and off?
response: '+QRSRP: -64,-68,-140,-140'
response: '+QRSRP: -64,-68,-59,-61'

All four are pointed at the same tower. I am seeing the exact same speeds going from 2 to 4 antennas.

AT+QCFG="lte4x4mimo/disabled" throws an error, so I cannot verify how it's configured. I also can't pass a '0' to make sure it's disabled. Reading around that this command had been having issues since A05. I'm on A07. Are there a different set of commands?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

From what I've seen on mine, the 4x4mimo/disabled isnt a working command, but some have said it is. :Shrug:

I'm going to guess that you are connected via 4x4 mimo if you get a response like that at all. Maybe it does turn on and off like CA does.

Return to “Cellular Antennas”