Mofi 4500 4gxeLTE V2 SIM 4 Band Lock Aggregation HELP

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
forsteam22
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mofi 4500 4gxeLTE V2 SIM 4 Band Lock Aggregation HELP

Post by forsteam22 »

ive got a few questions.

1. when you have one specific band checked (lets say b4) and then you also check ALL LTE BANDS, will it always prioritize b4 as the main band and then use whichever band is best for secondary at any given time? or is checking b4 along with "all lte" the same as ONLY having "all lte" checked?

2. what if you check 3 bands at once (lets say b4, b5, and 13. without checking "all lte") does it just automatically choose your primary band out of the 3? Then automatically choose one of the other 2 bands you have checked to use as backup?

3. if you have 3 bands checked, will the mofi just continue to change your primary band and secondary band periodically, based on what signal is the best at any given time? or does it stay locked to whichever primary band and secondary band it chooses at the time when you made the changes to the settings?

4. is there a way to LOCK one band as your ALWAYS primary band , and then LOCK another band to your ALWAYS secondary band?

Here are the problems im having.
1. b4 is always my best speeds. but SOMETIMES my best secondary band is b5 and SOMETIMES my best secondary band is 13. When i check only b4 and b5, i ALWAYS get the worst possible PING, but sometimes that is the best speed i get. (b4 primary, b5 secondary)
2. When i check only b4 and 13, i get much better ping but the speeds are usually lower than b4 with b5.
3. Like i said b4 is ALWAYS my best speed. But sometimes when i check b4 along with another band, it tries to set b4 as the secondary band and the other band i checked as the primary, and this ALWAYS results in TERRIBLE speeds.
4. So ive tried checking all 3 of those bands at once and checking nothing else. but when i do that it seems to automatically set the primary to either 13 or b5 and those are never the best primary band for me, so i get shitty speeds that way.
Dr-BroadBand

Re: Mofi 4500 4gxeLTE V2 SIM 4 Band Lock Aggregation HELP

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

When you band lock, you disable carrier aggregation on a MoFi Sim-4

Return to “General and Unclassified”