Sierra wireless EM7455 firmware

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
datashuttle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sierra wireless EM7455 firmware

Post by datashuttle »

I need to flash a firmware update on this card. Anyone know of a tutorial on how to do this?
Didneywhorl

Re: Sierra wireless EM7455 firmware

Post by Didneywhorl »

There isn't one specifically, its kind of info that is in pieces all over the forum.

The basis is. Download and install the latest Sierra Windows PC drivers and install on your PC.

Download the latest firmware image of choice from here: https://source.sierrawireless.com/resou ... -packages/

Install your modem in a USB to M.2 adapter like this one: https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/pcie-m-2/m-2-ng ... card-slot/

Plug the adapter, with modem, into your PC and wait for the PC to load all drivers and recognize the modem. You can see this in your device manager for confirmation.

Once its settled down and stopped loading drivers and recognizing ports, run the .exe file downloaded from Sierra Wireless.

The program will pop up a cmd line and you can watch it do its magic. Once done, close the window by pressing 'enter' and wait a minute. Then, if your only loading one image, run the update a second time. If loading multiple images (Sprint, Tmo, Verizon, ATT, Generic) then run the last one twice. This keeps from having a firmware mismatch error. If only loading a single images update, just make sure to run it twice in a row.

Once complete. Unplug your modem and install it back into your device.

There is a way to do Sierra firmware updates over the air (OTA) but I am not versed in this.

I do not know of a way to do this via linux, mac, or within a routers cli interface. Though I'm certain all are possible.

Return to “Firmware”