Calyx Connection keeps degistering

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
pineapple
Has thanked: 0

Calyx Connection keeps degistering

Post by pineapple »

Lately I've been experiencing a lot of disconnections. My signal is good but I can't access the internet and my EMM state is Deregistered. I have a WG3526 router and an MC7455 modem. My configuration is r.ispsn with all the Sprint bands programmed (0A= Band 25, 0B=Band 26, 0C=Band 41, and 0D=All Sprint bands). I took the Sim out this morning and put it in the original device, a Coolpad Surf, for a while it showed up as Virgin Mobile with no connection. After turning it off and on a few times I was able to connect to Sprint again with an internet connection. I replaced the Sim into my WG3526 and was able to access internet again but later it became degistered again. I have tried TTL settings 65 and 66 but still get deregistered. Does anyone have any ideas of what else I can try?
pineapple

Re: Calyx Connection keeps degistering

Post by pineapple »

I think it may be an eero unit I have plugged into one of the LAN ports that's doing something to cause the deregistering. I don't have the router in DMZ mode, I was just using it to extend the signal. It had been working fine for months but I suspect the unit may be faulty.
pineapple

Post by pineapple »

Just in case someone else is having the problem after scouring the forums for a similar problem I think I have found the fix. I'm not sure why it worked but going into Goldenorb network settings then SQM Qos and changing Queue Discipline from the default fq_codel to cake and the queue setup script to Piece of cake and Save and Apply has stopped the problem I was having. I'm not getting deregistered multiple times a day now and my Eero automatically reconnects without any problem. Every time I plugged my eero in before something it did caused my modem to deregister whenever it would try to connect to the internet. It could be coincidental but after making the SQM QoS change it hasn't happened again.
radec

Post by radec »

Did you happen to notice if it made a difference what band you were connected to? I was noticing on b41 I had a fine signal but it would frequently disconnect. but on b25 I can go weeks without a disconnect. Just curious if you noticed anything like that.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

pineapple wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:41 am Just in case someone else is having the problem after scouring the forums for a similar problem I think I have found the fix. I'm not sure why it worked but going into Goldenorb network settings then SQM Qos and changing Queue Discipline from the default fq_codel to cake and the queue setup script to Piece of cake and Save and Apply has stopped the problem I was having. I'm not getting deregistered multiple times a day now and my Eero automatically reconnects without any problem. Every time I plugged my eero in before something it did caused my modem to deregister whenever it would try to connect to the internet. It could be coincidental but after making the SQM QoS change it hasn't happened again.
Interesting. I've also heard that with the MC7455 and Sprint to enable the option to drop invalidd packets helps with the disconnects that are pretty common with the MC7455 and Sprint.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”