EM7411 or general Sierra antenna/band questions

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
altanet
Been thanked: 0

EM7411 or general Sierra antenna/band questions

Post by altanet »

Greetings LTE aficionados! Just registered, but have been pouring over posts for the past month. Have a new rig from The Wireless Haven of WG1608/Em7411/two 600-3800MHz directionals with T-Mobile. Running 12/24 GoldenOrb. Test bed on deck has been just OK (10-20DL/2UP) and eagerly anticipating mounting gear in the attic which will give the antennas a +30ft advantage in wooded/mountainous terrain, which should happen tomorrow. Modem mostly settles in on B66.
My question (after running dry in research): is there a way to query/display the contributions given by the primary vs secondary antennas? I can't find a damn thing to query antenna performance from the modems perspective. Should I be evaluating results by alternately disconnecting each antenna lead and displaying Network Status for the delta ?

Another side frustration – is there a way to scan visible bands from the modem's detection? Quectel seems to have this ('Scanbands' in MoFi). Do I need to band-lock one-at-a-time and display measurements to determine various values and CA candidates? All this in anticipation of my final mounting/positioning of antennas on chimney column.

One more: B66 upload is crap compared to B71; like 1.5Mbs vs 8Mbs, but the download is stronger w/B66. Two TMO towers little over a mile away and they are almost lined-up from my house, but (downhill 800+ ft) are not line of sight. Should I bandlock onto B71 and watch down/up speeds over time?

Thanks much
Didneywhorl

Re: EM7411 or general Sierra antenna/band questions

Post by Didneywhorl »

Run the command AT!GSTATUS? I think the EM7411 still supports that, The output will show the PCC and SCC1 as two RSSI outputs. One is RxM and the other DxM I think. That is Main and Diversity antenna ports.

Scan Bands is a software feature of the MOFI. One of these days I will sit down and look at how it works.

Part of the upload deal is aggregation as well, maybe the tower only supports uplink aggregation on certain bands? The 7411 is very new, still much to be learned. Great unit out of the gate, but still very new. Sierra makes great modems.

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”