Help with my shopping list

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Jcwhite

Help with my shopping list

Post by Jcwhite »

Not sure if I posting this in the right spot or not! - I’m looking for the best equipment for home internet? I do have AT&T cellular service at this home but it’s weak. This house is 30’ off the ground and it’s 2,700 sqft.. I’d like to improve cellular service and also internet! There’s no cable or internet available in this area only cellular!

Here’s a little information of what I’ve got so far -3 - AT&T towers 3, 5, 6 miles away in 2 different directions .. I have a 4 - Netgear M1 and a cradlepoint IBR600PLE (with AT&T firmware installed) and a Cradlepoint MBR1400v2 w/MC400LPE also AT&T. I have AT&T tablet plan .. The M1 does work with my AT&T sim (IMEI is good) .. I built a tower for antennas that will be over the tree line. Cable run would be probably 100’..

I also have a Wilson Pro 1100 cellular amp

I would like to know which equipment I need for 5g, LTE CA etc .. is there anything that can do it all? Money really isn’t an issue .. so can someone point me in the direction of the best equipment to buy .. either components to build or already built .. from Antennas, modem, router, cables etc. so basically I need a shopping list! Thanks in advance for any help!

And yes I know there’s tons of variables missing such as bands from towers etc.. I’ve used cell mapper which I think isn’t very reliable in my area because there’s new towers that’s not even showing up.. so with the right equipment I should be able to work that out.. I do know that band 2 and 12 with 2 to 3 bars with 20-30 download speeds just off one antenna (Wilson yagi 700-2700) hooked to M1.
Jcwhite

Re: Help with my shopping list

Post by Jcwhite »

🤷‍♂️
Dr-BroadBand

Re: Help with my shopping list

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

What are your goals/needs for internet?

Is T-Mobile in the area?

What are your plans for a SIM/Data plan?

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”