IMEI for my modem

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
megaplow

IMEI for my modem

Post by megaplow »

When I set out to get a cellular router up and running, I had no idea what I was getting into. Now I am getting clarity on the process and the rabbit hole keeps going (and going and going). Today an new detail reared its ugly head. The issue of the IMEI number. I thought the IMEI came with the SIM card or was pre-baked into the modem. Turns out that was wrong.

Are there other options to getting an IMEI number aside from backing my router with an older phone (and its imei)? I am not looking for dark web funny business, just a way to get up and running with a valid IMEI number.
gscheb

Re: IMEI for my modem

Post by gscheb »

Hello
What service you getting to get?
megaplow

Post by megaplow »

I am looking at Page Plus (verizon).
I have an iPhone 6s that is willing to donate its IMEI and MAC address if needed.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Typically if going to do phone plan use imei of phone. Activate in phone then switch sim to router.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Your modem has an imei. Its inscribed on the modem itself, and it should be visible in the network status page as well as via AT commands like

Code: Select all

AT+GSN
megaplow

Post by megaplow »

Would you look at that, there it is... Thank you.
GORILLA

Post by GORILLA »

megaplow wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:43 pm I am looking at Page Plus (verizon).
I have an iPhone 6s that is willing to donate its IMEI and MAC address if needed.
Hello to all. Great site .awesome people...... Been on the side lines reading all the info. This is my first post.

.... Reffering to page plus from Verizon in which it seems as if they "Verizon" have the best signal in my neck of the woods. If I go to one of their stores and get that plan with a decent phone. Can I just take that simm card and transfer it to my router . Or is this only for post paid plans?

I have wifix wg 3526-p with a Sierra em7565 modem.

New to this lte setup but computers, radio equipment electronics knowledge is not a issue, it's figuring out the process of the Sim card and wireless internet provider,of what works and what does not theory that has taken more time to fully understand.. thank you in advance for any info.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”