Correct Cables/Connectors for Omni Directional Antenna on WG3526

Questions and Support related to Antennas & Cables
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related issues PRIOR to posting for assistance.
shroudedninja
Has thanked: 0

Correct Cables/Connectors for Omni Directional Antenna on WG3526

Post by shroudedninja »

I have a WG3526 w/Calyx and would like to set it up with 2 omni directional antennas. I saw on the FB group that some people had a good experience using 2 of these antennas https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/outdoo ... l-antenna/

What kind of cables and connectors would I need to run from the router to the antennas?

Also wondering about the best mounting kit for a pair of these.

Thanks!
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: Correct Cables/Connectors for Omni Directional Antenna on WG3526

Post by JimHelms »

shroudedninja wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:32 am
What kind of cables and connectors would I need to run from the router to the antennas?
The antennas have N female connectors. You will require low loss 50 ohm coax cables (i.e., LMR200, LMR400...depending on distance) with Type N Male connectors for the antenna, and Type N Male or SMA Male on the router end.

The low loss cables are stiff and hard to work with at the router end. You should consider using Type N Male connectors on both ends of the cables and get a short (i.e., 10"...20") Type N female to SMA Male right angle (90 degree) RG58U jumper cable. This will allow more flexibility in coupling the LRM200/400 cable to the router.

The right angle SMA connector is best used where the router's 4G LTE antenna connectors are located on each side of the router (as opposed to both on one side or the back).
Also wondering about the best mounting kit for a pair of these.
The antennas come with a mounting bracket and U bolts for mask or pole mounting. When using two for MIMO installations, you may consider using two satellite masks mounted side by side. They are pretty common and easy to locate.

Return to “Questions and Support”