Netgear LB1120 on Cricket, need help getting connected

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
AMessy
Been thanked: 0

Netgear LB1120 on Cricket, need help getting connected

Post by AMessy »

I currently use a Cricket branded (Netgear) hotspot to connect to my Synology router via USB. I’d like to use a Netgear LB1120 mode (in bridge mode) to connect to my router via Ethernet (to the WAN port) with the Cricket SIM card from my hotspot.

I installed the Cricket SIM into the LB1120 and was receiving 4 bars signal on the LED’s. When I connected the to the router directly with my laptop to put it in bridge mode I could not connect to the internet with my laptop. When I accessed the modems administrative interface it was showing a connection to the Cricket network (however 3G) and stating it was “disconnected”. I clicked the connect option, but no luck.

I have an open help ticket with Cricket, they can see the device’s IMEI on their end and say it’s compatible. But no luck otherwise.

I see on other threads on here that others are using the LB1120 on Crickets network as well. Any insight?
MattB29

Re: Netgear LB1120 on Cricket, need help getting connected

Post by MattB29 »

Check your APN settings. My LB1120 has only one APN listing and that is
Name: Cricket mht
APN: mht
Authentication: none
PDP: IPV4
PDP Roaming: IPV4

I have been running my LB1120 on Cricket Simply Data since April 2020 without problems. But I got the sim from a Cricket store and gave them my Netgears IMEI to register it. It may be that you need a new sim versus transferring the one from your hotspot.
AMessy
Been thanked: 0

Post by AMessy »

Thanks! That was the ticket. I saw it had auto populated the AT&T APN when I inserted my cricket SIM so I thought that was correct since they use the AT&T network. In case it helps anyone else the following also works,

Name: Internet
APN: ndo

I found that online after I saw the reply here. Thanks for the help!

The LB1120 on the Cricket simply data plan is operating as expected.
MattB29

Post by MattB29 »

Glad you got it working.

I have seen that apn recommendations for Cricket online always mention ndo. Not sure why mine is mht but since it works I see no reason to mess with it.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”