How to change IPv4-Address on LTEFix.com vs. of Goldenorb

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Dre40

How to change IPv4-Address on thewirelesshaven.com vs. of Goldenorb

Post by Dre40 »

I tried Network -> Interfaces -> Lan -> General setup _> IPv4 address

But it won't save. Just keeps reverting. Want to change last two numbers so it won't conflict with my wifi router IP logon.

I've done it on Mofi and TLR600VPN, was super easy/intuitive.
toddw

Re: How to change IPv4-Address on thewirelesshaven.com vs. of Goldenorb

Post by toddw »

The auto reverse change is doing that. What I do is hard wire up via ethernet. And I set the IP on network interface card on my laptop to dual IP's the one current, example 192.168.1.7 and add an additional IP/subnet mask for say 10.1.1.7/255.255.255.0. Then when the change applies, I just change the url to the router and it accepts the change.

This can be a real pita because you have 30 seconds to do it. Hence dual homing the NIC on your laptop gives you plenty of time.

I have multiple dedicated laptops just for configuring goldenorb because of this, always ready to go. Doing it wirelessly always ends up in a fail for me.

Hope this helps.
Dre40

Post by Dre40 »

toddw wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:43 pm The auto reverse change is doing that. What I do is hard wire up via ethernet. And I set the IP on network interface card on my laptop to dual IP's the one current, example 192.168.1.7 and add an additional IP/subnet mask for say 10.1.1.7/255.255.255.0. Then when the change applies, I just change the url to the router and it accepts the change.

This can be a real pita because you have 30 seconds to do it. Hence dual homing the NIC on your laptop gives you plenty of time.

I have multiple dedicated laptops just for configuring goldenorb because of this, always ready to go. Doing it wirelessly always ends up in a fail for me.

Hope this helps.
Sounds like it will be easier to just change the IP on my wifi router that it has a conflict with (will just need to turn the WG3526 off). Thanks for the reply. Have a happy Holiday.
toddw

Post by toddw »

LOL, then there's the more efficient approach. Happy holidays to you too.

Return to “Firmware”