Att postpaid ipad plan question

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
techp1
Been thanked: 0

Att postpaid ipad plan question

Post by techp1 »

So considering going later today to att and getting the $20 postpaid att I pad plan. Family wad using the $35 prepaid one until att killed that 2-3 months ago. I have a cellular iPad pro, assume can just bring it in, give them imei and should be able to get it?

Question, is it unlimited hotspot or not? If it is, then if I'm technically tethering it using an iPad to a mofi 4500, would that be in TOS?
Didneywhorl

Re: Att postpaid ipad plan question

Post by Didneywhorl »

You should be able to, yes. Just have to make sure they actually get you the truly unlimited ipad plan, not the starter plan or some other plan.
It is unlimited hotspot as far as I know, but I still mask mine with TTL settings. Tethering is not against TOS. It is a feature that is capable without modifications in most cases.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Didneywhorl wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:59 am You should be able to, yes. Just have to make sure they actually get you the truly unlimited ipad plan, not the starter plan or some other plan.
It is unlimited hotspot as far as I know, but I still mask mine with TTL settings. Tethering is not against TOS. It is a feature that is capable without modifications in most cases.
Hello,
Are people having better experience with AT$T now these days?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

gscheb wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:47 am Hello,
Are people having better experience with AT$T now these days?
Yes, the random http port disconnects due to jacked up proxies on ATTs end seem to be fixed. More time will tell.
techp1

Post by techp1 »

Didneywhorl wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:59 am You should be able to, yes. Just have to make sure they actually get you the truly unlimited ipad plan, not the starter plan or some other plan.
So they wouldn't let me unless I added a line to postpaid account. So it's currently working in mofi but I'm afraid they'll cancel our entire phone plan if they find out... Seems speeds are better than with att prepaid ipad plan, was getting like 12, now 20-25mbps.

I may see if I could get this standalone plan online, actually have an iPad to use the sim card in. Don't want to goto another store onto to be told have to add it to postpaid plan again.

How you change ttl settings?
shwaba

Post by shwaba »

techp1 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:10 am How you change ttl settings?
mofi_TTL.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

techp1 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:10 am So they wouldn't let me unless I added a line to postpaid account. So it's currently working in mofi but I'm afraid they'll cancel our entire phone plan if they find out... Seems speeds are better than with att prepaid ipad plan, was getting like 12, now 20-25mbps.

I may see if I could get this standalone plan online, actually have an iPad to use the sim card in. Don't want to goto another store onto to be told have to add it to postpaid plan again.

How you change ttl settings?
Try calling 1-855-593-1430 in the middle of the afternoon, so you hopefully don't get a call center in another location ;)
If you get a rep that doesn't know about the standalone plan, then just keep calling back until you do get one. Make sure you don't mention hotspot and make sure it is the stand alone plan.

They will need your IMEI.
techp1

Post by techp1 »

shwaba wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:02 ammofi_TTL.png
It needs to be Linux 65? I think have it on 64
shwaba

Post by shwaba »

techp1 wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:43 am It needs to be Linux 65? I think have it on 64
I've never had to change this setting on my Mofi because this is for a $35 Ipad prepaid account and there is not a limit on the hotspot data.

I think the most common TTL for AT$T is 65.

older post that may be worth looking at for different carrier TTL settings
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=32 ... 62a6#p5790

older post that may be worth looking at for tethering
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=10303#p10303
phspman

Post by phspman »

Tempted to do this. I already have an Unlimited Elite account for my phone. Looks like I can do all of this on the AT&T site, add a line, order a new Universal Sim card, and then activate on the website with the iPad IMEI and Sim card Number.

Has anyone activated and got it working on a modem without inserting the card into an iPad? My parent's have an LTE iPad and recently deactivated their sim because they only use it on Wifi. I've got the IMEI number when I visited. Just seeing if I can do this without traveling to activate on the iPad.

Also, how do you change the TTL settings on the WE826 rooter firmware?

Just making sure I've got my ducks in a row before pulling the trigger.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

phspman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:50 pm Also, how do you change the TTL settings on the WE826 rooter
Hello,
Check out this link.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=233
phspman

Post by phspman »

Thanks, turns out I already had it set from following those instructions a while back.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

phspman wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:13 am Thanks, turns out I already had it set from following those instructions a while back.
Hello,
Would you mind giving me the step by step to obtain this service?
Confused about what kind of device I need to start this in?
And If the sim has to be activated in that device?

See comments in the forum about people activating these in wrong device then they don't get LTE speeds.
Also had seen people selling these plans on Ebay.
Has anyone had experience with one of these?
Like to get someone an AT&T plan on this.

Thanks
gscheb

Att postpaid ipad plan Usage question

Post by gscheb »

Hello all,
Does anyone have any info on the usage that is ok on this plan? Anyone going over say 500 gig? Anyone been axed on this new AT&T post ipad plan?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

phspman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:50 pm Tempted to do this. I already have an Unlimited Elite account for my phone. Looks like I can do all of this on the AT&T site, add a line, order a new Universal Sim card, and then activate on the website with the iPad IMEI and Sim card Number.

Has anyone activated and got it working on a modem without inserting the card into an iPad? My parent's have an LTE iPad and recently deactivated their sim because they only use it on Wifi. I've got the IMEI number when I visited. Just seeing if I can do this without traveling to activate on the iPad.

You can activate the SIM card without putting it in the ipad, but make sure you arent trying to use an imei that will show up on two accounts simultaneously. This will draw flags.

TTL settings on rooter firmware are setup under menu item Network-->Firewall--> [tab across the top] Custom Rules
mtbholt
Has thanked: 0

Post by mtbholt »

phspman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:50 pm Tempted to do this. I already have an Unlimited Elite account for my phone. Looks like I can do all of this on the AT&T site, add a line, order a new Universal Sim card, and then activate on the website with the iPad IMEI and Sim card Number.

You need to activate the SIM in the iPad first. If you plan on using a MoFi, I would recommend the SIM4 version as the SIM7 speeds are very bad from my experience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItWXFHMmvfg
mtbholt
Has thanked: 0

Post by mtbholt »

techp1 wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:26 pm So considering going later today to att and getting the $20 postpaid att I pad plan. Family wad using the $35 prepaid one until att killed that 2-3 months ago. I have a cellular iPad pro, assume can just bring it in, give them imei and should be able to get it?

Question, is it unlimited hotspot or not? If it is, then if I'm technically tethering it using an iPad to a mofi 4500, would that be in TOS?
There is currently a postpaid plan with ATT called "Unlimited for Tablet" for $20 a month. Works great with the MoFi. I would highly suggest the SIM4 version of the MoFi as the SIM7 speeds were very bad from my experience. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItWXFHMmvfg

Return to “Internet Service Providers”