Intermittent "Can't open device /dev/ttyUSB2

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
topbilling

Intermittent "Can't open device /dev/ttyUSB2

Post by topbilling »

I'm experiencing intermittent modem drop outs after the initial connection. Upon startup, the modem will eventually connect, but it takes a few attempts. Hardware is WG1608 running 12-2-2020 Rooter f/w with an EM7565 running the Generic SWI9X50C_01.08.04.00 (latest) firmware. Protocol is QMI (almost bricked the modem trying to change to MBIM). I'm able to reproduce the "Can't open device..." message any time I enter the command, "AT!LTECA?" into Modem>Miscellaneous>AT-Command Terminal.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or need additional info.

Thanks!
topbilling

Re: Intermittent "Can't open device /dev/ttyUSB2

Post by topbilling »

Fixed the issue by setting the modem to use the Generic firmware. Now, it looks like carrier aggregation is not working. When I run AT!LTECA? it says not implemented. I"m currently locked to bands 4, 13 and 66. Would switching to MBIM make any difference? I figured how to issue the right USBCOMP command to maintain AT command ability.
topbilling

Post by topbilling »

Switching to MBIM did the trick. Can confirm latency is generally higher on Verizon with MBIM.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Thank you for following up. Though it seems none had help for you, your information follow up will help others.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”