Quectel EM160R-GL "nwscanmode" error

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
camerooo

Quectel EM160R-GL "nwscanmode" error

Post by camerooo »

Howdy! I received a Quectel EM160R-GL this weekend and have installed it in a M2 USB Enclosure attached to a GL-INET B1300 running ROOter. It is running successfully on Visible.

In looking through the debug information, I noticed AT+QCFG="nwscanmode" is being consistently run and always returning an error. I've tried running AT+QCFG="nwscanmode",3,1 in the command terminal, which also returns an error.

My question is, is this normal behavior for a EM160R-GL? Is there any way to clear this?

Thanks so much for your time and suggestions.
Didneywhorl

Re: Quectel EM160R-GL "nwscanmode" error

Post by Didneywhorl »

The EM160 doesn't use that command, so its just something to ignore. The newest Quectel modems, like the EM120 and EM160 as well as the RM5xx modems are using a new command set for a lot of things, and though those are being added to the firmware of many routers, the old command still run in the background.

You can dig the script for those commands running and remove the ones that don't apply to your modem, but I would just ignore it unless you're really looking to eliminate all sources of unnecessary processor use.
camerooo

Post by camerooo »

Thank you! That's good info to have and glad to hear that it isn't anything unusual. I'll plan to leave it as is since it doesn't seem to be effecting it's operation.

I've downloaded the "Quectel_EG12_EM12_EG18_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.0_Preliminary_20180706". Do you know if there has been an updated manual for the EM16 published yet?

Thanks again
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

camerooo wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:41 pm Thank you! That's good info to have and glad to hear that it isn't anything unusual. I'll plan to leave it as is since it doesn't seem to be effecting it's operation.

I've downloaded the "Quectel_EG12_EM12_EG18_AT_Commands_Manual_V1.0_Preliminary_20180706". Do you know if there has been an updated manual for the EM16 published yet?

Thanks again

https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2187
camerooo

Post by camerooo »

This is great! Thank you for putting that link together. Very helpful.

Return to “Quectel Modems”