ZBT-WE826 and VPN

Topics related to ZBT Routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
rkagarise
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ZBT-WE826 and VPN

Post by rkagarise »

I have a ZBT-WE826 (16M), MediaTek MT7620A, running GoldenOrb_2020-03-01 ( OpenWrt 18.06.7 ) . Is it advisable to configure a VPN client on this device using the Open VPN tab under Services? There are NordVPN, TunnelBear, Windscribe, ProtonVPN, etc. I've turned of WIFI on this unit and using an Archer C7 for my WIFI. AT&T is my provider. I'm trying to work around the throttling that they are doing on streaming services like YouTubeTV. Thanks
Heifer624

Re: ZBT-WE826 and VPN

Post by Heifer624 »

Did you try setting the TTL to 64?
rkagarise
Been thanked: 0

Post by rkagarise »

Thanks for the reply. I did try this setting with no difference.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

rkagarise wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:16 pm I have a ZBT-WE826 (16M), MediaTek MT7620A, running GoldenOrb_2020-03-01 ( OpenWrt 18.06.7 ) . Is it advisable to configure a VPN client on this device using the Open VPN tab under Services? There are NordVPN, TunnelBear, Windscribe, ProtonVPN, etc. I've turned of WIFI on this unit and using an Archer C7 for my WIFI. AT&T is my provider. I'm trying to work around the throttling that they are doing on streaming services like YouTubeTV. Thanks
Hello,
TTL will not fix video streaming restrictions.
So messed around with VPN myself for video streaming restrictions. What I found is one would work for a certain streaming service then block me out of another streaming service. Might be best to have it on the streaming device itself so you can switch them easily. Rather than have a router vpn everything all the time. Know that you can use VPN on Fire stick devices. Don't have experience with youtubetv. Know that regular youtube is relaxed with its vpn usage about anything will work with that. Even the ones you can get free on the firestick. Fire sticks are cheap enough to try out on sale all the time fur under $20.
If you are watching on PC use cloud flare warp one that seems to work for free. With that thought could try to get video on screen that has vpn free like a laptop or your phone and then video cast it to the tv.
toddw

Post by toddw »

AT&T starting adding stream saver or something like that to all their accounts, its on by default. You have to literally go in and turn it off. I noticed it on mine.

Return to “ZBT Routers”