MikroTik LHG LTE 6 - Slow speeds

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
CheyenneMountainSec
Has thanked: 0

MikroTik LHG LTE 6 - Slow speeds

Post by CheyenneMountainSec »

Hello -- This is the second post I made, I guess the first one never was published. I have a brand new LHG LTE 6 (US Version) modem/antenna. I cannot get any speeds over 230kb down or up off this antenna. We have with T-mobile and AT&T, both are showing the same results. I updated the firmware to the latest version (6.47.8) and setup everything that I know should be set. I have had this for many weeks and cannot get it to perform. Also, I can't select the LTE bands at all in the GUI, nothing populates to select a band.

My MoFi router with an LPDA antenna performs 20x better than this LHG. They are both pointing at the same tower. I am ready to send this MikroTek router back to the vendor, but thought I might post my issue here in hope to have someone far more intelligent than me help out. Here are the specs and settings. Please feel free to contact me if you need additional info.

Model: LHG LTE 6 (US Version)
Firmware: 6.47.8
Carrier: T-Mobile
Tower: LTE; Approx. 2.5 miles (Bands 2, 4, & 12)
Signal: -55db RSSI

Thank you in advance. Have a great day!
R1250GSA

Re: MikroTik LHG LTE 6 - Slow speeds

Post by R1250GSA »

I really don’t have an answer but will comment...

I like MIkrotik gear but they are a bit euro focus, obviously.
The setup in question is a dish + router + modem combo, yes?
Dish antenna are very hard to aim.
I don’t see any mention that the dish antenna is 2x2 Mimo
At a quick glance, the bands supported did not align with usa t-mobile, except band-2?
The modem they use is their branding, the IMEI range may not be setup in T-mobile land.

Goog luck
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

It sounds like your being throttled. Do your activated SIMs have hotspot data? It may be over the hotspot limit.
CheyenneMountainSec
Has thanked: 0

Post by CheyenneMountainSec »

Thanks for the responses.

R1250GSA,
Yes, from what I understand the LHG LTE 6 is the dish/Modem/router combo. The dish has been pointed correctly to the azimuth of the tower. The US version of the LHG is, according to MikroTek, supposed to support the bands that t-mobile uses (2,4,12). But none of them show up in the GUI. It's strange

Didneywhorl,
I don't believe there is any throttling going on, as I am getting much faster speeds from my Mofi with a LPDA (35DN/36UP) testing with the same sim. This is the second LHG antenna that I received. The first one wouldn't factory reset nor update the firmware correctly. It might be time to send this back and stick with the Mofi.

Thank you.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

If your MOFI is set to TTL mod and hide the hotspot use, then that may be why. I dont know how the Mikrotik is supposed to do it.

you could build your own setup off off thewirelesshaven.com and set the TTL as you please, as well as upgrade modems anytime.

Return to “General and Unclassified”