Can a Sim card be provisioned to only work with specific router equipment

Anything related to technology, past, present and future
Rrutl
Has thanked: 0

Can a Sim card be provisioned to only work with specific router equipment

Post by Rrutl »

So it appears that my best current option for high speed /high data capacity is to subscribe with a company in GA which is a reseller for an outfit in Colorado (will not mention but many probably know of) and after initially resisting their sales tactics and convincing them I had a working LTE router (we826t w/em7455)they sent me a verizon sim. It worked at first with high speed data, but then abruptly dropped off to 600kbps, so I called them to inquire. The reseller has little or no expertise in technical aspects but after talking with the source of the sim, informed me that the sim WOULD NOT function properly in any other equipment except 'theirs'. Ive performed a reset of my Rooter firmware and looked for any other impediments within, but it seems now that my only option is to buy 'their' modem/router. At this point I'm ready to 'throw in the towel' but I wanted to see if any of the gear heads on this forum could offer insight. Can a Sim be restricted to operate only when paired with specific internal ID numbers or other unique identifiers. I was provided some information which included the APN and my router can and does connect, but throttles back once my equipment is identified on the cell network. Any help is appreciated.
this is the setting info they provided "PDP=IPv4, Profile=vzw, APN= so01.vzwstatic. The IPv4 setting seems to be auto detect in my we826, but if their is a possible manual setting that might correct my issue Id benefit from such knowledge, TIA to any help.
Dr-BroadBand

Re: Can a Sim card be provisioned to only work with specific router equipment

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Short answer yes!

They can also lock it to a physical location.
Do you need Verizon or are you open to the other two carriers?

Your problem is fixable it just takes time and money. :ugeek:
Viper67857

Post by Viper67857 »

Sounds like you hit the limit for hotspot data. Solution should be simply playing with the ttl setting until it no longer registers as hotspot data but as device data. I think 65 is what generally works but don't quote me on that. You should find the setting in the firewall section.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Network-->firewall-->custom firewall rules

Code: Select all

# Set the IPV4 TTL value:
TTL=64

# Set the IPV6 "TTL" value:
HL=64

# Set the Interface you want to use:
INTERFACE=wwan0

# start TTL for IPV4