IBR600LE - Problems Connecting to Visible Network

Cradlepoint Router Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Damon1974
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Damon1974 »

I have a CradlePoint IBR600LE. This is the one that was made for connecting to Verizon.

Firmware Version: NCOS v.6.5.0
Modem Firmware: 3.5.10.13 (Verizon Carrier is indicated)
Internal CradlePint Modem Type: Internal LTE/EVDO-VZ

I have tried the SIM/APN/Auth setting of making it "Default Override" and entering the AP name as "vsblinternet" and "VSBLINTERNET", but nothing seems to allow it to connect to the Verizon network. I have even put in a normal Verizon SIM, and it won't connect either.

I am open to any ideas. The Visible SIM card works in a Netgear Hotspot with no issues. Thanks.
Damon1974

Re: IBR600LE - Problems Connecting to Visible Network

Post by Damon1974 »

I was able to resolve the issue with the Verizon SIM, and get it working. So I know the modem works, just not with the visible SIM.

I would think that with them being on the same carrier network that it should work. I have taken my Visible SIM and put it in an older HotSpot from Netgear and it worked with the vsblinternet name, it just won't work in the cradlepoint. The message that is displayed on the cradlepoint when it is in not working is:

CPPM failed: No Carrier

Any ideas?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Visible is IPV6 only
Damon1974

Post by Damon1974 »

@gscheb. In the CradlePoint I see the option for IP or IP4v6 only, for the APN settings. Does that mean I should set it to the IP4V6, or does that mean it won't work with this modem in the IBR600LE?

I have tried it with both just "IP" and "IP4V6" and it still goes to CPPM failed: No Carrier.

Anything else to try, or maybe this modem is not compatible? So many modem and types it's hard to tell what each modem supports. Add the fact that the Visible network seems to be not as well know.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Should set to IP4V6 then.
Can you change protocol to MBIM mode?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Here is how set this on couple of other devices
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=8& ... ilit#p4116
Damon1974

Post by Damon1974 »

I am not familiar with MBIM mode, but from reading online it looks like it is used to pass the communication directly to a computer for use as a modem within the OS. The IBR600LE does have a USB on the front of the device, but it is a USB female port like you would have on a charge brick. Not sure I have a cable that is USB Male to USB Male to be able to plug it into a computer.

But I may have misunderstood the MBIM mode.

Return to “Cradlepoint Routers”