Verizon unlimited tablet plan vs Visible?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
dogdragon
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Verizon unlimited tablet plan vs Visible?

Post by dogdragon »

Hi!

I have a GL.inet Spitz X750 on the way and am tossing my options for internet. Verizon seems to be the best option for service, outside my phone can pull 20-30 mbps, inside not so great (3-5mbps), so the option to have an external antenna down the line is ideal. T-Mobile gets 5ish outside, and AT&T on phones barely works at all.

I need it to be 4G unlimited, not "unlimited" at 0.2mbps like my jetpack each month when I hit that 15GB limit.. and gaming is important if possible - mostly being able to download PS4 game updates(!)

I know Visible is the best shot at unlimited, but high ping and not good for gaming. Verizon has the unlimited tablet plan, which theoretically if I start it in an iPad and switch it into the Spitz, it should continue to be unlimited, no? Is it not just like the AT&T iPad plan everyone uses? Am I missing any key differences? I know streaming is only 720p on Verizon (can a VPN bypass that?). Visible is $40 p/month or $25 on party pay - but Verizon would only cost me $10-15 a month on top of my current plan (50% off connected devices).

I'm also not opposed to keeping my jetpack for gaming and Visible for downloads - but it seemed like the Verizon tablet plan would eliminate my need for 2 separate set ups.. no?
RockyinNM

Re: Verizon unlimited tablet plan vs Visible?

Post by RockyinNM »

dogdragon
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by dogdragon »

Thanks. I've definitely read through your thread there. But, you're not using it as your actual home internet. I saw the reference to someone being banned from it, and I'm a little concerned about that. Verizon has an iPad on sale right now for $8~ a month and I might bite on that, and use it on wifi and use it's sim in the Spitz. Will likely use over 100gb a month easily.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Id hit the tablet plan. Visiblt can get limited and has very high latency. It works, but its not direct Verizon, just cheaper.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”