MoFi 4500 Sim 7 w/ Visible

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
kzaudio

MoFi 4500 Sim 7 w/ Visible

Post by kzaudio »

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance for the help.

I can insert my Visible sim card into my iPhone 7 and pull data speeds of 25-30 down. When I insert the sim into my 4500 sim7 and test all bands the most I can get is about 12 down. I tried all bands that were available 66 was my fastest band. I'd love to see a speed similar to what I'm getting from my cell test on my iPhone. Using OOkla speedtest.net for testing.

*** Note, I'd be more than happy to purchase parts from The Wireless Haven and use a different cell modem and router. I just need something that runs pretty quickly when I have really good Verizon service.

Thanks,

Kelly
Didneywhorl

Re: MoFi 4500 Sim 7 w/ Visible

Post by Didneywhorl »

Your iphone7 has 4x4 MIMO antennas and a category 16 modem, with at least 3xCA capability. Your SIM7 is a category 3 modem with 2x2 MIMO antennas and no CA capability and limited bands in its list.

I would get an thewirelesshaven.com NEXR5GO router and a Quectel EM12 modem (dont forget the minipcie to m.2 adapter and mhf4 to SMA 8" or 10" pigtails to get that modem to work in there.

If you want a little more power on the LAN ports and dont care about good wifi, then get the WG3526 router instead.

https://thewirelesshaven.com/product-category/routers/
kzaudio

Post by kzaudio »

Thanks brother, I'll order these parts ASAP. Thanks so much for the quick response.
kzaudio

Post by kzaudio »

@Didneywhorl Does this setup have the capability to, I guess, hide that it's a router and look like a cell phone. On the 4500 there's a setting to make it look like it's a cell phone.

Thanks again
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Its TTL settings, and the MOFI copied ours ;)

Under Network-->Firewall-->Custom TTL settings

Its not making it look like a cell phone, its just changing the TTL, as that is the current way some carriers see the traffic as hotspot or on device data.
kzaudio

Post by kzaudio »

@Didneywhorl I should be receiving my NEXR5GO and EM12 tomorrow. I saw where you said to go to change TTL but you didn’t tell me what setting to use. I’ve been talking to Mitch at The Wireless Haven and he was super helpful on ordering the parts but didn’t know or possibly couldn’t tell me what setting to use. Anyway, if this works at my clients house well, I’ll be ordering several more for some other clients that are internet challenged.

I paid for the firmware update and if there’s anything else you suggest I do when I build the unit please let me know.

The client has a cell tower less than a mile froM their house and my MoFi 4500 was getting 3 bars. I’m confident I’ll be able to get them awesome internet.

Thanks for the help,

Kelly
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Visible uses TTL of 64

Here is a link about Quectel visible setup

https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=32 ... lit#p11658
kzaudio

Post by kzaudio »

@gscheb thanks for the info.
Tuna8er

Post by Tuna8er »

I have 2 mofi 4500 SIm 7 using Vis*b1e, for about 7 months.. I use linux 2 65 for the TTL. I average 10-15 mbps on B66. I can play Xbox all day, COD, Battlefield 4, and Sea of thieves, while running a Roku and TV on the other with 3 amazon dot type devices, and an Amazon Sow. The Mofi's go into a WAN load balancing VPN Router/lan sitter (VPN not setup, but DNS is), to Two Asus routers one with VPN one without. One with goes to 3 Xboxes, can only use 1 at a time effectivly, just in different roomes. The one without runs the rest of the house and my PC stick (with VPN installed on it)

Be sure to check your MTU and MSS settings as well.
I use 1415 for MSS. MTU is set to 1455. I got these from a youtube video, seems to work.
I just ordered 2 EM12-G CAT 12 modems for them, but not installed yet. Although the slower speeds may look like a normal cell runinng idle with background programs running. Rather than full boar 24/7 like I am on meth or something searching up every bump I hear in the night. Perhaps slower will turn out to be less detectable by the carrier, don't want my IMEI blacklisted. Guess I'll find out.

Return to “General and Unclassified”