Unknown Antenna Connector, Anyone know?

Questions and Support related to Antennas & Cables
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related issues PRIOR to posting for assistance.
usav3t

Unknown Antenna Connector, Anyone know?

Post by usav3t »

This is on the verizon lte home router sku: ASK-RTL108. Can anyone identify what type of connector this is so I can get an external antenna for the router?

ylrkdr

Re: Unknown Antenna Connector, Anyone know?

Post by ylrkdr »

Since your router and the TMO Home internet device(RTL0102) are both made by Askey, they may have the same MHF‑SW23 connectors. Didneywhorl said that The Wireless Haven is getting some.
usav3t

Post by usav3t »

My plan was to buy an antenna with this connection from The Wireless Haven. I wonder if the mhf connectors they have in stock will fit on this or is it gonna be a different type that is specific to the mhf-sw23?

I would also like to clarify this is my friends router and im trying to see if a single antenna can be plugged into this router to give her a solid connection before i tell her to spend 350$ on a diy router setup with dual yagis.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Take a picture at a different/slight angle if you could.
usav3t

Post by usav3t »

Didneywhorl wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:39 pm Take a picture at a different/slight angle if you could.
I have passed the request on to my friend she will give me more pictures at varying angles when she returns home from work today.
usav3t

Post by usav3t »

So I told my friend to send me a few pictures up close at different angles to pass along to you, unfortunately my friend (a self proclaimed photographer btw :lol: ) sent me 5 pictures looking right down the barrel each further away from the port than the last. Go figure. I will get some better images when I go over there this weekend. Sorry.

Id like to add that when I asked verizon what type of antenna port connector is on this router he very confidently told me it was ....... an LTE antenna :? .......I doubt I have any more questions for them regarding hardware.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

LoL, no worries. :)
usav3t

Post by usav3t »

After A LOT of googling I think I have found it. CRC9 female

Looks like a perfect match but my eyes are getting bad in my old age. The Male crc9 looks like an exact copy of the ts-9 male but i think ts-9 is ever so slightly bigger. Guess Ill get a few different pigtails and see what's what.

Return to “Questions and Support”