EM7455 Roaming

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
phspman

EM7455 Roaming

Post by phspman »

Is there a way to roam to a specific network? I've got Sprint, but I would like to use T-Mobile's bands since Sprint can roam on T-Mobile. Using a WE826.
BillA

Re: EM7455 Roaming

Post by BillA »

phspman wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:41 pm Is there a way to roam to a specific network? I've got Sprint, but I would like to use T-Mobile's bands since Sprint can roam on T-Mobile. Using a WE826.

Even if you lock the band(s) to Tmobile, the sim card tells the phone or modem whether or not it's allowed to register on that network, in other words you cannot force it. Tmobile has been allowing Sprint customers use/roam on Tmobile bands for a while now (but not the other way around), as long as you have a decent Tmobile signal, there's nothing else you need to do. If it's not using Tmobile bands, it's either because they are not allowing it in that particular area, or the Tmobile signal is just too weak.

Starting recently, Tmobile customers can now use/roam on Sprint's band 41, but not 25 or 26 yet.
You may lock it to band 41 or just leave it on auto-scan and let the modem/tower handle it automatically.
Timtudcvds
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Timtudcvds »

How to achieve this? I also want to try it. I am traveling everywhere now, and I have to change my card every time I go. If I don’t change my card, it’s very expensive.
lidiyamy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by lidiyamy »

How to realize global communication? It is too much trouble to change the card.

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”