U.S. Cellular

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
JoshKelly

U.S. Cellular

Post by JoshKelly »

Is anyone using U.S. Cellular with any luck? Called them and they said my EP06(told them it is a tablet) IMEI says compatible with the network.

My ATT unlimited tablet plan is acting very weird lately. Being throttled to 3.5Mbps for all my streaming services unless I run through Nord. Still a very stable/reliable connection at the moment, been using for a while now band lock 30 with CA 12 and a recently new outside antenna setup, 40Mbps down. On a side note here, if I band lock 4 it will CA with 12 at about 15Mbps with zero throttling. Is this normal on at&t, to throttle some bands but not others?

What is available to me in my rural area:

1. U.S. Cellular has the best service (more expensive @ $35 if it would even work in a WE826). My work phone gets about 50Mbps at my house.
2. At&t has the second best service. Currently we have phone service with them also, so we just have the $20 tablet plan added to our plan. I band lock 30 and it CAs with 12. With my new antenna setup outside I get about 40Mbps down and 20 up.
3. Tmobile is available somewhat if I say I live in a town 40miles away. But I am told they roam off of at&t in our area. Not sure how accurate this is though. I have test drove their hotspot and I get about 20Mbps, I am sure this would be better if I had their sim in my router.

Just looking into alternatives just is case at&t completely stops working for us.

Thank You,
Josh

Return to “Internet Service Providers”