Rooter Firmware & WG3526+ T-Mobile

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
hcgs06@yahoo.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Rooter Firmware & WG3526+ T-Mobile

Post by hcgs06@yahoo.com »

I have loaded (Flashed) the ZBT WG3526 at least a dozen times or More and still only have my wired connections working. GoldenOrb 2020-03-01 Firmware is the file I am using. I found a user that had posted a Tutorial step by step in getting the router Flashed and updated. Followed the steps but after words the insides or guts of the firmware became vague. Like it is going to instantly start working without more guidance. What is meant by "Wireless is not associated" in Rooter firmware. What do I need to turn on? How do we "Associate it" This router has 2.4 and 5G how do get them working. No where in all the Tutorials did any tell how to "RE-Name it from "Rooter to MY NETWORK".
I can say Postively that this firmware is faster in connecting, Down loading and Uploading from the 20-35mb to 35-55mb is good increase.

Thanks ahead of Time

Jerry Dockal
Didneywhorl

Re: Rooter Firmware & WG3526+ T-Mobile

Post by Didneywhorl »

Look into Network, Interfaces, wireless, edit
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello,

Here is a post here that might help fine where it is to rename and edit those wifi channels.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=12 ... lit#p12386

I have also had WiFi issues with WG3526. Now get decent WiFi results from it. Still don't think ZBT plus rooter gives best WiFi results. Currently only using it to run a TV, Kindle and a phone. Works fine for that not sure how it would do on allot of items.
Anyway this is the build I finally had to upgrade to get it to work. The 9-25-2020 build.
It is listed in this link about WG3526 WiFi issues.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=8& ... lit#p12912
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

Been a while since that thread and the other one you and I were in about the wg3526. I am now also running a cheap archer router (C8) on the head end for all the wifi part and the wg3526 as a dedicated modem. For me the wg3526 worked great by itself for things like streaming video and even got good results with speedtests, however when I actually went to download a large file the speeds were horrible (800k or less). Using the archer C8 as a hotspot yielded the same results as the wg3526 alone.

What really made the difference is hooking up the archer C8 as a dedicated router instead of a hotspot. turn off all wifi on the wg3526 and connect the lan port of the wg3526 to the wan port of the archer C8. Then let the archer C8 do all the routing work and the wg3526 do all the work as a modem only device. The same test file that said it would take 7-8 hours to download with the previous setup now takes 10-12 min with this new setup.

You do not need to specifically use an archer C8 this was just a very cheap and readily available router that used a chipset other then mtk (broadband in the case of C8), I believe almost any dedicated router device would do.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Would like to see a WE826 with POE and 1000 lan ports. So could just use it as a smaller modem box.
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

I prefer the size of the wg3526 and it's metal case. I have found the smaller plastic units have more heating issues

Return to “Firmware”