T-Mobile n71 b71 difference to an amp

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Stroh37
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

T-Mobile n71 b71 difference to an amp

Post by Stroh37 »

Can a signal amplifier see the difference between n71 b71. Seeing as they are both 600Mhz RF. Correct me if I am wrong. I think the difference really is at the information being transmitted as in the format or language so that end user device would have to be capable of understanding it aka 5G enabled. But and antenna and amp just see a raw RF signal' receives it, and retransmit it? I am not experienced in this area just a novice who's done some research. Help would be appreciated!
Didneywhorl

Re: T-Mobile n71 b71 difference to an amp

Post by Didneywhorl »

I dont use boosters, but I think you are correct. The booster just amplifies along a particular frequency.

A high gain directional antenna should do the same, and with cleaner signal, for cheaper. Especially if for data only.
toddw

Re: T-Mobile n71 b71 difference to an amp

Post by toddw »

Boosters will amplify the noise on the signal too, which is why I only use antennas. The really high end boosters have noise filters that deal with this, but they are very pricey and often found in corporate installations.

Return to “Cellular Antennas”