Looking to upgrade my Calyx Setup...need help

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
em7455user
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Looking to upgrade my Calyx Setup...need help

Post by em7455user »

This forum has been a lifesaver to get my original setup up and running. I have been using a MC7455 in an external enclosure connected to a router running rooter and (2) yagi antenna's locked on band 41. Its been a few years and I understand there are better modems out there for 3 CCA now? I'm also having the MC7455 disconnecting issue going on so its time for a change up.

Also with the Tmobile merger I understand Sprint users are able to roam on Tmobile towers. What would be the best bang for the buck on a new setup?

It wouldn't be an issue to add another yagi antenna for the 3CCA but need advice on what modem & external enclosure to use?

What is the consensus for the next gen setup using Calyx and the Tmobile merger?
Didneywhorl

Re: Looking to upgrade my Calyx Setup...need help

Post by Didneywhorl »

Love my Calyx.

Make sure you dont confuse Carrier Aggregation and MIMO.

Carrier Aggregation is basically multiple channels along a single connection pathway.

MIMO at its most basic means multiple physical antennas. 2x MIMO is 2 antennas, 3x MIMO 3 antennas, etc etc

If you want a good upgrade and stay in the Sierra modem family, the Sierra EM7565 is the best bet. You'll get access to 3xCA on B41. I've also had good use from the Quectel EM12. Also 3xCA. Both are category 12 modems. I've tested speeds of 300Mbps on B41 3xCA with my modems.
em7455user
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Looking to upgrade my Calyx Setup...need help

Post by em7455user »

Thanks for clarifying that. If I were to go to the EM7565...what enclosure would you recommend that could support 3xCA?

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”