EM7511 band lock.

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
rmpickett
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

EM7511 band lock.

Post by rmpickett »

Hey guys. Finally on to my second modem setup with AT&T. I have a samsung tablet that I was able to test band lock with bands 2, 12, 17 and 66 in my area. Band 66 is by far the best performing as far as bandwidth goes. I've tried band locking my EM7511 to only band 66 and it doesn't seem to apply. It stays on band 2 (which is the best signal). Anyone have any suggestions? I'm using instructions on Daniel Woods sierra wireless page.

https://github.com/danielewood/sierra-wireless-modems

I'm applying the commands via netgear router with Rooter installed. I get OK on all responses. Just not actually locking on 66? I haven't tried via Putty and PC yet.

Also, side note, the EM7511 runs a bit warmer than the EM7565 I have in the same USB case. Anyone noticed this? My 7565 runs around 32 degrees. The 7511 is around 39 to 40 most of the time but shows normal in the modem status. I'm thinking that it's possibly having to work a little harder trying to pull the AT&T signal in (tower is 4 miles farther) than my 7565 (which is on Verizon tower less than 1 mile).

Thanks as always guys. This "hobby" has given me a much faster connection at my home.
DonJuane

Re: EM7511 band lock.

Post by DonJuane »

I would be interested on this as well. Just received my 7511 a couple of weeks ago and finally got around the other day to firing it up but only briefly to see if I needed to return or not before the window closed. I'd like to find more about it. Bad news that it gets hotter, however.
jmmec
Has thanked: 0

Re: EM7511 band lock.

Post by jmmec »

The settings below will force Band 66, but I don't know if it will attach to the network if configured to only access Band 66: i.e. define entry 10 to be "B66Only" which is values "0,0,2", and then tells the modem to use entry 10, after which you reset the modem.

Code: Select all

at!entercnd="A710"
at!band=10,"B66Only",0,0,2
at!band=10
at!reset
If you find that it does not attach (look at "at!gstatus") then do this to go back to default settings:

Code: Select all

at!entercnd="A710"
at!band=0
at!reset

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”