PagePlus Throttling

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
mbhopper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PagePlus Throttling

Post by mbhopper »

Searched the posts and can't find any specific advice. Have been running Mofi 4500 with PagePlus > 1 year now. Verizon is only available carrier in my area. Usually get 30-50mbps without much difficulty. Just yesterday started getting throttled to 3 mbps down and 300k up. Pulled the sim card out and put in iPhone and verified getting original speeds of 30mbps, immediately throttled when put back into the Mofi. Have done factory resets, have tried adjusting the TTL from 64,65 and 117 with zero changes. Am I just out of luck now with PagePlus? Any advice would be great. Thanks!
BillA

Re: PagePlus Throttling

Post by BillA »

mbhopper wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:25 pm Searched the posts and can't find any specific advice. Have been running Mofi 4500 with PagePlus > 1 year now. Verizon is only available carrier in my area. Usually get 30-50mbps without much difficulty. Just yesterday started getting throttled to 3 mbps down and 300k up. Pulled the sim card out and put in iPhone and verified getting original speeds of 30mbps, immediately throttled when put back into the Mofi. Have done factory resets, have tried adjusting the TTL from 64,65 and 117 with zero changes. Am I just out of luck now with PagePlus? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

Most likely you have exceeded their 200GB/month high speed data limit, and now you're in slow mode till the next billing cycle starts. You can buy an extra monthly refill and ask customer service to do an early refill. Course you'll lose the remaining days of your current cycle but that's the only way to get high speed data back.
To check your data usage from the router, send a text message in the SMS menu via Modem > SMS Messaging > Send To: 7243 / below that enter the word "balance" (without the quotes), then click SEND.
mtnchar

Post by mtnchar »

So far, I have hit throttling on Page Plus once over 60Gb for the month on a phone(took me 22 days to get over 60Gb), it is now consistently 5mbps up and down. No where near the 200Gb hard limit. Won't be renewing this next month, may try Verizon Prepaid unlimited next. After 60gb it is no different then using Visible Wireless which is $25 a month. Latency also went up to about the same as Visible Wireless.
BillA

Post by BillA »

mtnchar wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:24 pm So far, I have hit throttling on Page Plus once over 60Gb for the month on a phone(took me 22 days to get over 60Gb), it is now consistently 5mbps up and down. No where near the 200Gb hard limit. Won't be renewing this next month, may try Verizon Prepaid unlimited next. After 60gb it is no different then using Visible Wireless which is $25 a month. Latency also went up to about the same as Visible Wireless.

Currently the monthly high speed data limit on PagePlus is 200GB (regardless what their website shows).
I've been using a test line myself for the past 3 months, and it only slows down once I reach exactly 200 gigs.
It's possible to do an early refill at any time during the month to get the high speed data back.
If it slows down at 60 gigs, then you may have a different issue, as I recall you're using a Netgear Orbi LBR20 which may not be passing the correct TTL and other parameters (even if you set it somehow, due to the lack of OpenWRT firmware). It's best to use a real mobile router such as a WE826GO, NEXQ6GO, NEXR5GO, WG3526/1608 from thewirelesshaven.com to perform all the "magic", and simply connect the Orbi router as an access point.
hakchi6879
Been thanked: 0

Post by hakchi6879 »

Using Mofi4500 v2 sim4, can you share your settings on Pageplus the 55 Plan? I can only connect on band 5 and the speeds are a joke for me.
jandjyoung@gmail.com

Post by jandjyoung@gmail.com »

I am having same problem (see my posting under "Router Devices - Routers" with title MOFI-PagePlus Decreased Mbps). Will keep you informed if I find out anything. Good luck.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”