Mofi 4500 4GXeLTE V2 and Sprint/T-mobile

Topics related to MoFi branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Foggy-Notion
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mofi 4500 4GXeLTE V2 and Sprint/T-mobile

Post by Foggy-Notion »

Hi everyone, please forgive me, I know a lot aboit old Tesla patents, but pretty clueless on this router stuff.

I bought the Mofi 4500 because the youtube vids said it would work with my Sprint 3rd line (I've yet to see it happen)

Is there some webpage with step by step instructions to make it work? I'm wonderingbif it was a sales gimmick.

I am willing to buy a $50/month grandfathered card from a different carrier, if someone can point me to the right card/service/carrier on ebay? ...and some instructions. I work full time, have family, (and) trying to save our country from all this weird stuff going on, otherwise I'd make/take time to figure it out myself. Please help, thanks.

Mofi 4500 4GXeLTE V2
Adm1jtg

Re: Mofi 4500 4GXeLTE V2 and Sprint/T-mobile

Post by Adm1jtg »

if iI remember only the sim4 works on sprint, if you bought a sim7 it doesnt support the sprint bands. I have used the mofi though not on sprint the process is the same. What exactly isnt working?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Have heard a mc7455 the sim 4 model don't play nice with Sprint.
2muchfuncankillya
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by 2muchfuncankillya »

I used a MOFI 4500 on Sprint for about a year, and just recently upgraded to a homebrew openwrt/goldenorb based system (Linksys WRT1200AC with Sierra EM7565 card in the The Wireless Haven m.2 USB enclosure). It's been rock solid and a very nice speed improvement, at about half the cost of the Mofi. First off, from my experience and several others on this forum, the MC7455 card (a very common modem card and the one used in the Mofi) does seem to have issues with intermittent connectivity loss on Sprint. In my case, it might have simply been coincidental, but connectivity loss often seemed to occur after the modem transitioned from using carrier aggregation on b41 back to single band b41. However, for the most part, you can deal with this by setting up scheduled reboots (I did one at 5am and one at 5pm), and it reduced issues significantly. It's a bit annoying, but I rarely had the unanticipated connectivity loss afterwards (note I said rarely... it still very, very occasionally would happen). Anyway, on to troubleshooting things with your Mofi...

First, make sure you are using GENERIC mode and NOT Sprint mode. Sprint mode will give you trouble since it will want to match the Sim and IMEI of the device through Sprint's service, and since you are using the Sim in a different device than the sim card is activated for, it'll have issues. With GENERIC mode, it won't try to match the sim and IMEI, but yet will chug along just fine. Once you verify you're running in GENERIC mode we can proceed with poking around more.

Return to “MoFi Routers”