T-MOBILE and ping

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
gscheb

T-MOBILE and ping

Post by gscheb »

So couple days ago out of nowhere my T-Mobile ping just jumps thru the roof over double. Finally got it lowered again by setting it to IPV6 only.
gscheb

Re: T-MOBILE and ping

Post by gscheb »

T-Mobile doing it to me again. Couple of days ago woke up and the connection was gone. Had to reboot the router to get connection again. This is not normal for me so knew they changed something again.
Now my ping is up again. Trying to fix it. Does anyone have an idea of what to try?
tvecell
Has thanked: 0

Post by tvecell »

What are you pinging? Did your IP address change? Did you associate with a different tower? Did you traceroute to the the server you're pinging? Did the route change? ;-) ;-)
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

tvecell wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:50 am What are you pinging? Did your IP address change? Did you associate with a different tower? Did you traceroute to the the server you're pinging? Did the route change? ;-) ;-)
I am sorry don't really understand that that stuff means really?
Can you tell me how to do what you are asking?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Have noticed according to website not getting ipv6.
Two websites checked was.
http://test-ipv6.com/
https://kinsta.com/tools/what-is-my-ip/
Says this is my address
IPv4
172.58.62.230 LOCATION United States, Denver

Gave me this address after I set the modem for IPV6 only.
Before what had it set to ipv4v6 in the modem that gave me a IPV4 address in Minneapolis.

Live in Indiana though.
Could this be causing my higher ping?
Is there a way to change it?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Update on this. Reason care about this ping is that my son uses it to online game. Noticed now that if he downloads cloud flare beta app onto his pc and uses it during gaming it help to stabilize the ping so he can play games. Don't know why this helps it just does.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello All,
Has anyone else noticed this on T-Mobile that the ping has raised allot. Have noticed this on three different set ups. So know it isn't just my equipment. Something changed on the T-Mobile side of things.
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

Based on your earlier posts, seems like they're moving traffic routes around, probably doing back end updates. We know Tmo is in network transition, integrating sprint, and bringing up 5G hardware.

There's likely going to be a moderately long period of network instability. Just my guess.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Still having higher ping with T-Mobile. Just for fun today put the sim card into an old outdated Google Pixel XL phone. This is the first Pixel phone made. Of course the speeds where slower with out outside antennas. But in a certain place in the house was getting pings of like 18 and 28. Down load only like 3-4-5 and upload of about 1 maybe.
My current set up getting pings around 60!
Does anyone understand what is going on here?
MattB29

Post by MattB29 »

Post deleted.
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

I'd like to mention that, a ping of 60 on a wireless network is actually quite good. I game often and rarely see below 80, and have zero issues. If your kid isn't trying to go pro (seriously) then he's fine with 60 ping. Trust me.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

thejohnfist wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:09 am I'd like to mention that, a ping of 60 on a wireless network is actually quite good. I game often and rarely see below 80, and have zero issues. If your kid isn't trying to go pro (seriously) then he's fine with 60 ping. Trust me.
Used to get ping of 30 before T-Mobile started changing things after merger. When I talk about these pings it is in ookla speedtest. This 80 ping is this your speed test or in game itself?
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

In game. Speed tests are usually slightly lower.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”