Lm960 new build

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
OregonLTE
Been thanked: 0

Lm960 new build

Post by OregonLTE »

Hey all!! I’m getting a lm960 and wg3526 and would love any forums or tutorials on band commands for setting it up in WiFix with Verizon. I am have an em7565 and know the commands for that but it looks like the syntax is different for the lm960? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)!! I tried reading through the manual for the modem and my brain did not process haha. Thanks again
jhend
Has thanked: 0

Re: Lm960 new build

Post by jhend »

Sierra modems use a Qualcomm chipset. The L860 uses an Intel chipset, and many things "under the hood" are very different.

Oops, my mistake. I've been working on my Fibocom L860 too long. The LM960 is a Telit modem, so the commands I gave before this edit won't work.
OregonLTE

Post by OregonLTE »

Awesome thanks man! Appreciate that :) do you know what the syntax is for at!gstatus? So I can check RX and TX as well as “at!band=?” Equivalents? Thanks so much fir the reply it was super helpful 🤙🏻🤙🏻
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

OregonLTE wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:16 am Awesome thanks man! Appreciate that :) do you know what the syntax is for at!gstatus? So I can check RX and TX as well as “at!band=?” Equivalents? Thanks so much fir the reply it was super helpful 🤙🏻🤙🏻

Code: Select all

AT#BND?
output is
AT#BND=<GSM>,<UMTS>,<LTE band>

For network status info is a bit cryptic, the command is

AT#RFSTS
its output format is:

NetworkInfo.png
And there is the current serving cell info:

AT#SERVINFO
ServingCellInfo.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OregonLTE

Post by OregonLTE »

Sweet! Just curious 4,2,1 just signifies the order in which you want the modem to receive the signal? And do you always put the 4,2,1 in the band selector command? So for band 4,12, and 66, AT+XACT=4,2,1,104,112,166 Also is there a command to select all LTE bands or All Verizon bands that are the strongest so it can auto select? Thanks again!
jhend
Has thanked: 0

Post by jhend »

@OregonLTE is correct. The Telit command for band selection is AT#BND=<GSM band>[,<UMTS band>[,<LTE band>]]

And the chipset is Qualcomm, so standard Qualcomm LTE bandmask values apply.

The Telit manual doesn't give an example of its use, so I'm not sure if you can just use eg:

AT#BND=,,20000000000000808

would set you up for LTE B4, B12 and B66 only. I don't have an LM960 to try it.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”