T-mobile network users - Question for you!

Topics Related to Cell Towers, Frequencies and Bands
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
thejohnfist
Has thanked: 0

T-mobile network users - Question for you!

Post by thejohnfist »

Do your devices (hotspots/modems) now connect to Sprint bands as well? I live in an area where Tmo is lacking severely but Sprint has always been strong. Curious is Tmo is now using Sprint simultaneously and seamlessly or not.
terryjett

Re: T-mobile network users - Question for you!

Post by terryjett »

That is a great question! Been wondering the same thing myself, kinda.

On the road as we speak(not driving, passenger :) ) and my test Sprint phone is hitting TMO towers like greased lightning. Do not have a Sprint hotspot, so was sitting here thinking the same thing... How is this working out for users of both networks.

Either way great question.
thejohnfist

Post by thejohnfist »

I've been digging and some people are getting the occasional sprint band. I guess Tmo is slowwwly rolling things over on the towers. I wish I could find some sort of internal doc showing what towers are scheduled and when.
MossySpringRoad
Been thanked: 0

Post by MossySpringRoad »

Yes. My phone and router/modems, all with TMO SIMs, get service on native TMO and ex-Sprint towers. If I want to force the routers to one or the other, I can do it with band masking. Where I am, the TMO towers have some subset of LTE bands 2, 4, 12, 66, 71. The ex-Sprint towers are bands 25, 26 and 41.
smiller

Post by smiller »

FWIW Band 41 is in use for T-Mo subs in Lake Havasu City, AZ, I see it active on my phone frequently.
wilsotc
Been thanked: 0

Post by wilsotc »

MossySpringRoad wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:32 pm Yes. My phone and router/modems, all with TMO SIMs, get service on native TMO and ex-Sprint towers. If I want to force the routers to one or the other, I can do it with band masking. Where I am, the TMO towers have some subset of LTE bands 2, 4, 12, 66, 71. The ex-Sprint towers are bands 25, 26 and 41.
I can confirm this. I have Google Fi service and the local tower for me was Sprint before the takeover. It's now T-Mobile B25.

Return to “Towers, Frequencies and Bands”