Looking for load balancing router suggestions

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Serpwidgets
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Looking for load balancing router suggestions

Post by Serpwidgets »

I currently have a 826 using one Sprint LTE connection with an antenna pointed directly at the tower. I have a second connection (same service/tower) via a mifi device.

I'd like to know if I can use the current router for load balancing (can I put in a second MC7455 and the second sim?) or is there another router that will do load balancing using both connections?

As a side-question, if I can get this working would they both still use the same existing antenna I already have?
terryjett

Re: Looking for load balancing router suggestions

Post by terryjett »

Take a look at this: https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=6596#p6596

There are some other threads here but you may have to do some digging by using the search box.

I keep telling myself need to try load balancing, but seems there are never enough hours in a day :)
Serpwidgets

Post by Serpwidgets »

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to get from that thread. I asked because I already did quite a bit of searching here and elsewhere and couldn't find anything useful.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

Serpwidgets wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:06 am I'm not sure what I'm supposed to get from that thread. I asked because I already did quite a bit of searching here and elsewhere and couldn't find anything useful.
My bad, sorry not helpful for you. The info worked for me in my tests last night, thought it might be useful. Sure you will find someone else that can provide you some insight.
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

What is the budget for this project??
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Have been thinking of doing the same thing. I have internet / cable and use the MoFi for road trips.
I was going to add the MoFi to my router as a back for the cable internet.
My Router is a Nighthawk Tri-Band AX8, WiFi-6, 1.2Gbps A little over kill.
But NOT to hear Dad the WiFi is not working is priceless!!

Would turn off the WiFi on your MoFi & 826 and use them as just as a modem, and feed the data into a WiFi router of your choice.

NETGEAR Nighthawk Tri-Band AX8 supports WAN and LAN aggregation. An aggregated WAN connection is connected to your Internet Service Provider (ISP). The benefits of WAN aggregation include seamless multi-gig connectivity and the full speed of your ISP connection for the connected device. Note: The modem that you connect to your Tri-Band AX12 router must support Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP).
Serpwidgets

Post by Serpwidgets »

The 826 wifi stopped working long ago so it's already hooked to a router. The mobile device doesn't have a port to hook it to a router. It also doesn't have a good antenna so we're getting about half the speed it's capable of. (And for whatever reason it does just as poorly when I hook it to the antenna that works great for the 826.)

We get a combined 20 mbps on an ideal day, which is rare. It's more like 10-12 mbps between both connections combined.

Return to “General and Unclassified”