How to Disable IPV6 Quectel EP06-A ?

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
eschmid2

How to Disable IPV6 Quectel EP06-A ?

Post by eschmid2 »

Hi All,

Have a new set-up running a EP06-A in a WG3526 on simple mobile - with my computer and iPhone working great, 2 other laptops plus my wife's galaxy S20 connect to wifi but hang when trying to get to websites with message "establishing secure connection" and then timing out. In comparing and contrasting I found the laptops not accessing internet both had IPV6 addresses in the network properties and the working laptop does not. So I disabled IPV6 on the non connecting laptops wireless adaptors and bam speedy internet.

I cant for the life of me find out how to connect the Galaxy S20 and assume it also has something to do with IPV6, so wondering isn't it just better to disable IPV6 at the source?

Can anyone help with commands or settings to disable IPV6 at the modem? The wife's phone needs to connect as mobile service here is bad - service works on the router due to flat panel antenna's ...

Thanks in advance for any help and advise!
eschmid2

[SOLVED] How to Disable IPV6 Quectel EP06-A ?

Post by eschmid2 »

All, just in case anyone has same question, I recieved some help from BillA on this forum and he advised to do the following:

On the router go to Network > Interfaces > LAN > EDIT > Common Configuration > General Setup > IPv6 assignment length > select "disabled", then click Apply & Save. Restart the router, wait at least 5 minutes to register properly to the mobile network, then try to access websites with the non-working devices.

This worked fantastic and now laptops and all phones connected with great speeds. Thanks Bill !
gscheb

Re: How to Disable IPV6 Quectel EP06-A ?

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
So if someone had a Verizon plan for example that needed to use those TTL commands for it to works like these.
#start TTL rules
iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -j TTL --ttl-set 117
iptables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -j TTL --ttl-set 117
ip6tables -t mangle -A POSTROUTING -o wwan0 -j HL --hl-set 117
ip6tables -t mangle -I PREROUTING -i wwan0 -j HL --hl-set 117
#end TTL rules
Could someone just disable the IPV6 and set the TTL to 117 and be done with it?

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”