Multiple Sim Cards

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
stormer
Has thanked: 0

Multiple Sim Cards

Post by stormer »

Hey all, this is my first post to Wireless Joint, i just found this site last night and I'm thrilled to know I'm not alone in my struggle for high speed internet out in the middle of nowhere!

I currently have 5 iphones all with sprint sims in them. Each has 100GB hotspot which gives my family 500GB each month. As one phone runs out of data it gets turned off and the next one gets turned on. They take a lot of baby sitting so I need a new solution.

Before I found Wireless Joint I was working on a raspberry pi bridge to my router (iphone tethered to the pi which would be my modem). But now I see so many better options on Wireless Joint!

My question for you all is this.
Is there a modem which allows inserting multiple sims? In theory I'd like to have all 5 sims in 1 modem and the modem routes to each one equally (or if possible once one sim is out of data it starts using the next one)

Does such a beast exist? A few years ago I was using Verizons Home Fusion and I believe I was told the Cantenna had 8 LTE chips in it. So I'm hoping that means this is possible.

Thanks in advance for the help! Your site is amazing!
gscheb

Re: Multiple Sim Cards

Post by gscheb »

Don't think you need multiple sims, just one unlimited sprint if you get that at your home.
https://calyxinstitute.org/ is one of them.
If you qualify can get this as well
https://www.pcsforpeople.org/
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Ya, also think one SIM would be the way to go.

You can get 900GB for ~ $100 a month
Are you lock into Sprint or are you open to the other carriers?

I an thinking that T-Mobile may kill the old Sprint plans.
May want to start thinking of a backup plan.

But the do make modems with 4SIM, The cost is $1,000+ :o

Take a look at
https://www.peplink.com/

https://www.mobilemusthave.com/Mobile-I ... _c_16.html
stormer

Post by stormer »

wow i must be asking the wrong question! how can i get 900gb for $100 per month?! that would be amazing!

no im not locked into sprint

i watched the 47 minute video on mobilemusthave which was great info on hardware, but not on plans. I'm very interested on getting 900gb per month. are you referring to calyxinstitute.org?
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

You need to work with a MVNO, most are a little sketchy and they have "membership" plans.
I have been using OTR, but they dropped T-Mobile, which is
my only hope, with band-71, 600MHz.

OTR now only has AT&T

I am going to give No Limit Data a try. They have both AT&T and T-Mobile
They try to rent you their hardware but $100 month for rental for crappy hardware you are better off
getting your own.

No Contract
No Throttle
10-50 Mbps Download Speed

Good luck ...........use cation …. happy hunting for internet

https://www.otrmobile.com
https://www.nolimitdata.net

A mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) is a wireless communications services provider that does not own the wireless network infrastructure over which it provides services to its customers
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

stormer wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:16 pm are you referring to calyxinstitute.org?
Yes there are other members on here that use it and says it works great if you are in a sprint area. The rumors currently are that these sprint plans will carry over to T-mobile at some point. If I had sprint in my area I would do it. It is cheap unlimited service.
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Thanks for the tip on calyxinstitute.org. Will add that to my reading list! 8-)
stormer

Post by stormer »

thanks all for your replies. i signed up for calyx today. the only hardware they had in stock was the LinkZone 2 so i may be trying a different device soon.

for those researching it looks like calyx gets this service from mobilecitizen.org
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

stormer wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:41 pm thanks all for your replies. i signed up for calyx today. the only hardware they had in stock was the LinkZone 2 so i may be trying a different device soon.

for those researching it looks like calyx gets this service from mobilecitizen.org
From what I heard people have removed sim card from device they supply and put it into there own with no issues.
stormer

Post by stormer »

I'm just checking back in for future readers who may be interested in calyxinstitute.org

I just renewed my quarterly membership and so far its fantastic. My download speeds average between 40 and 60mbps. my upload speeds average between 6 and 10mbps.

We live rural and this is the first time since we've lived here that we've been able to cancel our satellite tv subscription. We now stream all shows, we frequently have multiple devices streaming at one time with no issue. Plus we've never been throttled, this is truly unlimited bandwidth. We are so pleased with calynx's service
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

stormer wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:01 pm I'm just checking back in for future readers who may be interested in calyxinstitute.org

I just renewed my quarterly membership and so far its fantastic. My download speeds average between 40 and 60mbps. my upload speeds average between 6 and 10mbps.

We live rural and this is the first time since we've lived here that we've been able to cancel our satellite tv subscription. We now stream all shows, we frequently have multiple devices streaming at one time with no issue. Plus we've never been throttled, this is truly unlimited bandwidth. We are so pleased with calynx's service
Love Calyx. I've been using them for nearly 3 years. My second account is due for renewal now.

Return to “General and Unclassified”