Super strong Band 13, but data not quite there

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
wilderness
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Super strong Band 13, but data not quite there

Post by wilderness »

I have an antenna u on the side of my house, with two interior patch antennas bringing in a Verizon band 13 signal from about 3 miles away. I don't have line of sight. Trees are in the way. I am getting around -77DB, which is strong green. If travel close to the tower, it would be around the same signal strength, but as much as 80Mbps download. I am lucky to get 35Mbps here under optimal conditions. I wonder if even though my signal is strong with my wilson booster, is there something about my phone placement or antenna placement that could improve this?
Didneywhorl

Re: Super strong Band 13, but data not quite there

Post by Didneywhorl »

Describe your setup in more detail. When you say travel close to the tower, your moving testing the exact same setup both "close to the tower" and at the house? Or are you saying with your phone going close to the tower you get 80Mbps and at home you get 35Mbps with your phone AND your antenna setup? I'm not really following. These details are important.

Return to “Cellular Antennas”