In Desperate Need

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
aspiller98
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

In Desperate Need

Post by aspiller98 »

I am in desperate need of a TRULY unlimited AT&T LTE plan.
I was cut off from the iPad plan back in March and had no choice but to go to Viasat.
Their service sucks so much and is very expensive, I almost to the point where I'll pay up to $200 a month for AT&T unlimited LTE.
I went from 150mbps on LTE to 1.8mbps on Viasat for $130/month.

Am I out of luck?
I have looked at vendors, but I want a vendor that is legit and stable. I tried nomad but the hotspot said it was a postpaid tablet plan and I kept getting throttled.
gscheb

Re: In Desperate Need

Post by gscheb »

I have never done it but heard on this site that at&t tablet plan works just fine like the old pre pay.
Have to have a phone with them too to get it. So be like $90 per month I believe.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

gscheb wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:38 pm I have never done it but heard on this site that at&t tablet plan works just fine like the old pre pay.
Have to have a phone with them too to get it. So be like $90 per month I believe.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=32 ... hili#p8977
Yipzy

Post by Yipzy »

Buy the cheapest AT&T compatible LTE ipad, go with AT&T's postpaid tablet plan then put sim in your device for home connection. Set TTL to 65 for extra measure to hide hotspot usage but it's not needed for now. You could also use the ipad to tether to a router if it's fast enough for home internet without using a separate modem in a router.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I use an att ipad post paid plan. Works fine. You dont need another device on plan to get it. They just charge like a $50 setup fee if you dont have a phone plan as well.
You usually have to go to a real Corporate ATT store. The franchise owned stores seem to ALWAYS act like it doesnt exist.

$20 unlimited pad plan.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:11 am I use an att ipad post paid plan. Works fine. You dont need another device on plan to get it. They just charge like a $50 setup fee if you dont have a phone plan as well.
You usually have to go to a real Corporate ATT store. The franchise owned stores seem to ALWAYS act like it doesnt exist.

$20 unlimited pad plan.
OH OK
I called a store told me had to have phone plan to get it.
deelowe
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by deelowe »

I use a company called trifecta wireless. It's not cheap, but I haven't had any issues and their support is fantastic.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”