Remote use of Analog phone port on ZTE MF279

HOTSPOT Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
lbairn
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Remote use of Analog phone port on ZTE MF279

Post by lbairn »

I've been using the AT&T ZTE MF279 hotspot/router to provide Internet access for my mom who lives in a very rural area. The signal strength at her home is -120db, but I found a location about 350 yards from her home that has a -93db signal strength. I installed the MF279 at that point, then I used two Ubiquiti NanoBeams to bridge the signal to her home. However, I would really like to make use of the analog phone ports on the MF279 to connect her landline phone. (Her AT&T landline works about 50% of the time.) Any thoughts on how to connect her analog phone to ethernet, then use the VoIP "gateway" on the MF279? I've thought about using two Cisco SPA112 2 Port Phone Adapters, one at her home and one at the hotspot, but the test will cost about $125, so before I spend the money, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this or can point me to another appropriate forum. (This is my first post, so I'm sorry if I didn't find the correct place to post the question.)
Thanks so much.
thejmaster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Remote use of Analog phone port on ZTE MF279

Post by thejmaster »

Personally, if I were you I would look into a device called OBi/Obihi. They support Google Voice. You just buy the console and set it up with Google Voice, which supports number ports I believe. That way you don't have to fuss with the rj11 on the router.
Didneywhorl

Re: Remote use of Analog phone port on ZTE MF279

Post by Didneywhorl »

thejmaster wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:44 pm Personally, if I were you I would look into a device called OBi/Obihi. They support Google Voice. You just buy the console and set it up with Google Voice, which supports number ports I believe. That way you don't have to fuss with the rj11 on the router.
Obi202 on amazon. I have one too.

Return to “General and Unclassified”