T-Mobile LTE Recipes?

Topics Related to Cell Towers, Frequencies and Bands
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
iamromulan

T-Mobile LTE Recipes?

Post by iamromulan »

Hey there! Looking for a good router+modem setup for LTE at home. I have a GL-X750+EP06-A on PagePlus personally and have no issues (besides the 200GB hard hard throttle lol)
I have a friend of mine who lives very close to a T-mobile tower in need of an LTE home internet solution.
Blue Dot is their location

I saw that people are having luck with SimpleMobile so that would probably be a good option for the carrier. There is something new out that i was very interested in..... http://freemii.com/ just pay membership and i guess its free for life. I ordered an AT&T sim yesterday for personal testing so we shall see how that goes lol

Most important question I suppose is where does SimpleMobile throttle? Prioritization isn't a huge deal because your not getting on an MNVO without that anywhere.
terryjett

Re: T-Mobile LTE Recipes?

Post by terryjett »

If your friend is that close to t-mobile tower and tower is not congested, simplemobile could be a very good choice. Have tried simplemobile and not bad at all, but my area the tower is so congested, never got over 1mbps down in prime time. Know simplemobile works great in other areas, have tested it and others have good experience.

Unless freemii.com has changed it ways, a "standard" membership does not allow any type of device tethering or hotspot. You also have to activate in a phone and then the SIM is not transferrable to another device. According to their restrictions, "Only premium Data Pro or Data Pro Plus members can enable their device as a mobile hotspot."

https://www.freemii.com/restrictions

We tried them back in late 2018 and really crazy terms (fine print). My nephew was using the plan but finally gave up on them in middle 2019. Maybe freemii.com has changed for the better since my experience. Please do let us know how it works out with them.
iamromulan

Post by iamromulan »

Worked with data without even being activated yet. No phone number appeared in my settings and I got these results....

I'll be placing it in a Netgear LB1120 that a relative of mine has for their small business. They have a tower basically right in their backyard. (Line of sight) I'll post more results as time goes on. Worked just fine in SIM1 and SIM2 with different IMEIs. Also worked fine in my "magic" GL-X750 with EP06-A. Actually hit 20mbps in that.
terryjett

Post by terryjett »

iamromulan wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:19 pm Worked with data without even being activated yet. No phone number appeared in my settings and I got these results....

I'll be placing it in a Netgear LB1120 that a relative of mine has for their small business. They have a tower basically right in their backyard. (Line of sight) I'll post more results as time goes on. Worked just fine in SIM1 and SIM2 with different IMEIs. Also worked fine in my "magic" GL-X750 with EP06-A. Actually hit 20mbps in that.
Hey, that is good news, thank you for sharing!
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

This is freemii service?
iamromulan

Post by iamromulan »

Yup. Seems similar to caylex but it's supposed to never expire. They let you choose what network you want to be on. (Everything but Sprint) The above experience was on AT&T with one day of usage so far. I used it last night for my Netflix streaming and it worked flawlessly. Better than my page plus actually. The question is if it'll slow down or not, and if I get the banhammer from using the SIm in different devices lol
FreeMii.com if your interested.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

ok!
Please keep us updated on this one.
iamromulan

Post by iamromulan »

Ok day 2 still going strong. I haven't been tracking my data usage but I used it last night at home for like 3 hours worth of Netflix. I placed it in that Netgear modem today (CAT4 with shit banding that I bought intitaly as I got into LTE stuff)
Here's the speed tests from that:
Had to use the BROADBAND APN for it to work, would only connect to 3G with nexgenphone

If it ever cuts out or I see a change I'll post here lol
iamromulan

Post by iamromulan »

Well it went out last night. Testing around 0.5 Mbps now. Definitely not unthrottled lol
Lasted a while though on light use. If it really is free for life it would make a great supplemental SIM or regular phone/tablet SIM. I'll have to see how it performs after the month resets.
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

For Data see https://www.nolimitdata.net

900 GB
No Contract
No Throttle
10-50 Mbps Download Speed

Return to “Towers, Frequencies and Bands”