Samsung Galaxy S8 tethered to WG3526? ATT

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
eschmid2

Samsung Galaxy S8 tethered to WG3526? ATT

Post by eschmid2 »

I am a newbie here and after reading all the posts and yes as others have said information overload!

I am looking to buy a used Samsung S8 and a WG3526 when LTE store opens up next week for the router. Of course I plan to tether the S8 and use the phone as my modem.

I use ATT and have a strong signal at my house, my iphone gets great speeds but I am reading that it is unclear if an iphone can be tethered so did some research and a mid grade phone the speed tests show good performance on the S8 and it has the same chipset as iphone 8 and 4x4 mimo (iphone does not) with the 4 antennas so thinking it will be at least as good if not better

Question: Has anyone used the S8 to tether? If not before I buy the phone is there a way to find out if it is capable of tethering. I checked the menu structure in the manual and there is a function to turn on IUSB tethering so I am thinking yes

Any other opinions/questions would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Eric
Yipzy

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 tethered to WG3526? ATT

Post by Yipzy »

Yes. You can use the S8 to tether. Certain plans will not allow hotspot so you have to make sure it at least allows hotspot so you could set the TTL to bypass it. If hotspot is not allowed, ie USB tethering is grayed out/disabled on your phone when sim is inserted, you might need to root the phone and disable tether check via build.prop file in order to tether last time I check.

Return to “General and Unclassified”