Wanted: Verizon Data SIM, unlimited, unthrottled

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
MarkB

Wanted: Verizon Data SIM, unlimited, unthrottled

Post by MarkB »

Does anyone know where I can get
an unlimited, unthrottled Verizon data SIM card??

Also need a W3526 router with a Quectel Em160 or Em20?

Sorry for the double post. I posted same with different topic. Kind of desperate. Trying to move into new house with no real internet options. Can't move until internet is up and running for Kid's school. Thank you for any help you can offer.
prideauxx

Re: Wanted: Verizon Data SIM, unlimited, unthrottled

Post by prideauxx »

Hi,

This by no means answers your question, but you may wish to consider www.Ubifi.net for an initial, turnkey solution, and go from there. There are other MVNO's as well (I am sure decent and non-decent ones), but I have experience using Ubifi myself, and they don't suck. Upon checking the site right now, it would appear they are out of stock of critical pieces you would need. I know for a fact though (recently supported a friend/neighbor regarding this) that if you call them, you can be put on a waitlist and get the kit when it is available again.

I have noticed, increasingly as of late, all things one might consider purchasing for any sort of fallback solution in case the shit hits the fan come November, is almost gone by now. This includes cellular router kits and modems, generators and home transfer switches, any sort of medium-long term storable food solutions, and of course ammo.

My advice (you didn't ask, so apologies), is to import directly from China and pay what it costs if you truly need something with any sort of guarantee that you'll actually get it before November (and even that is pushing it). Regarding resold SIM solutions, buyer beware. There are reputable folks here that may be able to help, however. I'll leave it to them to chime in if/when they can.

Wish you the best!
Yipzy

Post by Yipzy »

MarkB wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:44 am Does anyone know where I can get
an unlimited, unthrottled Verizon data SIM card??
You mean Verizon's postpaid tablet sim? You are still subject to deprioritization if the tower is congested even on unlimited after certain threshold. Only way to know is test Verizon speed during peak hours after the prioritized data has used up. Visible with party pay is what I suggest if Verizon is OK in the area and you don't care about latency. Other people use Page Plus. I used to have the Verizon postpaid tablet plan with 1080p video streaming, the best you could get.
MarkB wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:44 am Also need a W3526 router with a Quectel Em160 or Em20?
You will have to go with alibaba for now. It states they have the EM20 but I doubt it since it's very hard to get and EOL. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... d2d32fbGHL

Delivery date is 2 months away for EM160, it's not a production card so it's not easy to get also
https://www.amazon.com/Quectel-LTE-A-EM ... B08CB2GSPV
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Don't think this is to bad of a price for non POE. Could update modem later when it arrived.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZBT-WG3526-LTE ... Sw-9leZ6bQ
BrandonDillon

Post by BrandonDillon »

gscheb wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:20 pm Don't think this is to bad of a price for non POE. Could update modem later when it arrived.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZBT-WG3526-LTE ... Sw-9leZ6bQ
I've purchased a few of these from the same seller since the The Wireless Haven store here is down and they've been great.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

BrandonDillon wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:48 pm I've purchased a few of these from the same seller since the The Wireless Haven store here is down and they've been great.
Never bought from this seller just thought good price. And would come with adapter for new modem.

Return to “General and Unclassified”