Updating firmware for Quectel Modems

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
EvgDad
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Updating firmware for Quectel Modems

Post by EvgDad »

Hello,

I have a couple Quectel modems that I've bought and helped different people get online. EC25-AF and EM12-G. I am wondering if it is possible or advisable to update the firmware of these modems once they have been installed in a router (WG3526, WG1608, WE826).

Also, when I emailed with Quectel they gave me a file for the EC25-AF with the firmware tools and apparently versions of the firmware. I didn't end up executing the update (I had the modem in a USB adapter at the time), partially because it appeared they gave me multiple firmware versions with no clear indicator of which was the most recent or a change log.

Or I could just skip the firmware updates as things seem to be working without them...

Thank you!
Didneywhorl

Re: Updating firmware for Quectel Modems

Post by Didneywhorl »

If it aint broke..... :)

Seriously if it works, I'd leave it.

If you do want to update it though, its easy but its best to do using a usb adapter, outside of your router. There's tutorials on this on this forum. The EM20 firmware downgrade tutorial is the exact process to upgrade, you just select the firmware you want to load.

Return to “Quectel Modems”