Verizon Post Paid

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
JB1979
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Verizon Post Paid

Post by JB1979 »

Hello, longtime lurker - this is my first post.

I am in rural IN with no decent internet options. Verizon has the best signal where I will be moving. I was thinking about switching my phone plan to Verizon Unlimited and adding an extra line to run in a KuWFi router.

Has anyone had any luck with the Verizon post paid? I don't want to get stuck in a two year contract if it will not work.

I am a almost 10 miles from a T-Mobile tower and AT&T might work. My current provider is Cricket and it seems to be spotty.
Yipzy

Re: Verizon Post Paid

Post by Yipzy »

JB1979 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:47 pm Has anyone had any luck with the Verizon post paid? I don't want to get stuck in a two year contract if it will not work.
Phone sim will work on most modems. Sim for iPad line works on every modem. I was using one $10 (1080p video streaming quality) with the Do More Unlimited Plan. Why not try Visible with party pay $25 per line to test it out?
BigMac79

Post by BigMac79 »

JB1979 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:47 pm Has anyone had any luck with the Verizon post paid? I don't want to get stuck in a two year contract if it will not work.
I have $65 Do More Unlimited post paid Verizon plan. Using a WP3526 with EM-12 modem. The phone SIM has worked fine for me after some tweaking of the settings. I’m now into my first full month with it and have seen speeds up to 45mbps DL.

However, once I hit that 50GB Mark Verizon started “deprioritizing” me and at times I’m under 600kbps.
JB1979

Post by JB1979 »

Thanks for the repiles!

I have a WE826-t2 that I bought on Amazon and am having 0 luck with it. There is no place to change the ttl settings and I can't find firmware that will work.

Have definitely been thinking about testing out Visible.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

JB1979 wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:01 am Thanks for the repiles!
I have a WE826-t2 that I bought on Amazon and am having 0 luck with it. There is no place to change the ttl settings and I can't find firmware that will work.
Have definitely been thinking about testing out Visible.
Hello,
Don't know what modem you have?
But if you have a WE826-T2 you can put firmware on it that has the TTL settings. You need them for visibile or anything else like that. OpenWrt only works for plans with unlimited hotspot data.
Here is the bootloader method to get firmware you need loaded.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5
JB1979

Post by JB1979 »

Thanks for the info! I was able to get wifix installed.
I don't have the MMI option in the drop down menu.
Is there a different setting I should use? I seem to be unable to connect to the network.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

JB1979 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:49 pm I don't have the MMI option in the drop down menu.
Not sure what the mmi option is?

Return to “Internet Service Providers”